Revenge

"since your injured, Lucy and Axon will be sleeping on the couch tonight." Auma orders. it was getting dark and by the time we had gotten home and i was exhausted. i didn't have the energy to argue back and instead flopped onto my backside.

"goodnight" i mumble and close my eyes.

"just don't steal the blanket" Axon grumbles, already half asleep. it was hard to get comfortable with all of my bandages and broken bones.

"yes, i get a bed all to myself tonight" i listen to Levy talking as they retreat to the bed room.

"sleep well Luce" Sting's voice mumbles and something brushes against my lips. i want to open my eyes to see what just happened but the sleep is already pulling me under. the last thing i feel is a blanket being pulled over me.

i don't know how much later it is, that i wake up again. it's dark, i'm sweating and my stomach is churning. my throat is dry and my head is spinning. there is nothing i can do or that i want to do to stop the whimpers that escape my lips.

feeling sick and delirious i don't feel embarrassed when Stings name slips out of my mouth, followed by a rather loud whine. curling up i whimper as my right hand screams in pain. in my delirium i begin to cry.

"hey, hey, I'm here" hands grab my arms and a body sits down next to me.  "i'm here" i am turned into Stings chest and his arms wrap around me. 

"it hurts" i sob.

"i know" gently his fingers graze over my cast. I can't help but flinch, even though it doesn't hurt i expected it to. softly he begins to hum, a soft melody that i recognize. back at the pocket dimension he would always hum whenever he was feeling down.

i don't think he realized he was doing it at times but no one said anything. whenever he hummed i would listen, the melody would calm me down and i would instantly relax. eventually it became an unconscious reflex, not that i will ever admit it.

the tips of his fingers light up as warmth floods through the cast. it tingles my bones but helps to numb the pain. his other hand run through my hair as my head lays against his chest.

after a while my tear dry up and the whimpering dies down and we just lay there. Sting's hand had stalled in my hair but the humming and the warmth or his fingers grazing over my hand had not.

healing me must be taking a lot out of him but i don't mention it. i am practically sitting in his lap and this reminds me of the time when we where both sick. i don't have time to think back on it however because sleep pulls me under again.

when i wake up the next day my pillow was no longer next to me and my arm was aching. groaning i open my eyes and am greeted by a burst of sun light and i turn my face into the couch.

"your awake!" Axon walks in front of me, blocking the sun and allowing me to see again.

"sadly" i mumble and sit up, looking next to me where Sting was last night.

"Auma has taken everybody out to go shopping. she said that we can join her once you've woken up and feel up to it." looking down at my bare wrist i realize that i am not wearing a watch, not that i ever do wear a watch. "it's the evening, about 4 i think"

"four!" i stand up and a wave of dissyness hits me, forcing me to sit back down.

"careful. you where pretty exhausted from the fight and Sting said that you had a rough night so we decided to let you sleep." limping he makes his way into the kitchen. "I've made pancakes but they might be cold by now."