Lams

An idea by Hamilturtle
Also have this that I drew for Pride Month (cause I love this month to death snufncjfnd)

An idea by Hamilturtle Also have this that I drew for Pride Month (cause I love this month to death snufncjfnd)

Tw: Slight mentions of suicide, mentions of homophobia.
My day had been shit.

No, not shit- fucking horrible.

It was, what? Three days into Pride Month and the amount of homophobic comments had increased by a hundredfold.

All I wanted to do was sleep, and forget that the world existed.

Not even sleep. Slip into a month long coma would be better. Skip the entire fucking month.

But of course I couldn't. I owed that much to John, at least.

So instead I sat on the couch, exhausted and defeated, and waited for my boyfriend to get home.

We'd only been dating a few months, but already I didn't know where I'd be without him. Probably with my head through a noose in the middle of some woods.

I'd almost fallen asleep when he arrived home.

"Alex! I'm home!" His cheerful tone was almost enough to brighten my day.

Almost.

"Hey," I replied, but it came off flat and unenthusiastic. Almost immediately, John had put down the grocery bags he'd been carrying and was sitting at my side.

"Crappy day?" he asked.

"Crappy day," I confirmed with a small sigh. "Homophobic jerks."

"They don't know what they're talking about," John said softly, leaning forward to press a kiss to my hairline.

"They still say it, don't they?" Rage seemed to overflow me. "I'm so done, John! So fucking done!"

John just stared at me. He knew better than to try and interrupt my ranting.

"The world doesn't accept us! And they never will! And I'm done with it all!" I paused, letting out a frustrated sigh. "In short, Laurens, I am disgusted with everything in this world but yourself."

"As much as I want to bask in how sweet that last sentence was, I've got to remind you of this; it doesn't matter that the world doesn't accept us. The people who do matter do accept us, and we love each other, and that's all that matters." John stopped talking, staring down at his hands, like he was worried he'd overstepped some invisible boundary.

I hesitated for just a second before wrapping my arms around him.

"Thank you," I murmured.

I don't know how to do endings I'm sorry

Also this was really short but-

And!!!

It was bi day today, so it was my day, so!!! Yeah!!!

Happy bi day y'all!