Chapter 7

"I heard that some some soldiers have gone missing while some have died already in the war"

The latest news from the war have been read out in our town. Sobbing and wailing was heard from the town, some faint due to the shock while some are trying to do their best to hold it in.

And I was from the latter one.

My family was in tears for the whole week, while I was in my room crying my eyes out as I press my face into my pillow to suppress the sound that I am making. My father and brothers might be gone.

And he's also gone.

Present

Waking up with my clothes sticking from my body, holding my hands to my mouth I suppress the whimper that is forming. Shivers running down my spine as I pull myself to sleep.

It's in the past. It's already in the past

Like a loud chant in my head I repeat the words. After some time I have calm down. Stripping myself from my clothes I walk into my closet and get a big t-shirt continuing as I head back to the washroom to wash my face. Going downstairs I tiptoed to the kitchen and grab a drink.

"You alright Hun?" A hand was placed into my shoulders as I turn around to find dad looking at me with concern.

They know that I have nightmares but they don't know where it originated from. Even when I was just a baby, I cried myself out when mom or dad turn off the lights. There is just too much death on me and I was still new about all of this. All I knew is that I'm alive again and I can't see nor hear the familiar voices of my family. Until I grow up to be an adolescent and an adult, I break from that behavior. I can still sleep with the lights off but I can't sleep without waking up someone or waking up with no tears soaking my face and clothes.

"I'm okay dad,it's just a nightmare. I'll be fine after drinking this" forcing a smile. I continued to sip on my water to calm myself.

"Okay then uhmm-- call me and your mother if you need something" I just shoo dad. Of course I wouldn't call them again, they're working and they have eye bags underneath their eyes.

As soon as I hit the pillow I force myself to sleep. And this time I didn't dream again.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I woke up because of someone's banging from my door. Stretching myself like a lazy cat I slip on my slippers as opening my door, I was soon greeted with the sour face of my sister.

"Spill everything, and don't think about leaving some other details. I want to know every single bit of it" suppressing a groan as my sister starts to bombard me with questions. I don't even know the half of it because I still feel drowsy.

"Are you listening?" Lorena pick me by my ear and shouted at me.

"Ow! Can I at least have some breakfast?" Rubbing my ear as I ease the pain of Lorena's tight clutch on my ear. After saying that my stomach rumbles and Lorena laugh at me.

"Fine, fine, but don't you think this conversation is finish" threatening me as she goes downstairs. I head back to my room and do my things and wash myself.

Downstairs, I could hear my mom humming and my sisters chatter along the kitchen, of course dad is silently reading the newspapers. My dad was the first one to see me, raising his cup of coffee at me I smiled in reply.

"Come and eat sweetie, I specially prepared your favorite breakfast" mom giving me a plate of pancakes with berries and some syrup with harsh browns on the side and some orange juice.

My mom isn't this usually sweet at me, narrowing my eyes at her I see the desire to gossip in her eyes and of course I see my sister inching towards me and my dad's attention on the newspaper was now gone.

"Thanks mom" smiling happily at them I act like I don't know what they're doing.

I see they're long faces and an urge to laugh at them was killing me but I held it back. Still wanting them to tell me what they want. My mother can't stay still so she nudge my sister, while dad was asking me in his eyes.

"Fine,I'll tell you" like dogs getting some treats they perked up and huddled towards me.

"So his full name is Sebastian Kings he is 25 years old, he got 2 older brothers who are already married and a younger sister which is an actress. All I know is that he invest and own some restaurants and that's all I know about his work. He loves the color gray, winter is his favorite season. He loves meat and seafood. He lives alone and know how to cook and clean but he doesn't do that often because he has work to do. He has a golden retriever named oliver. He does smoke and drink but not always. And he s-said that I'm his first d-date for the first time in five years after he start to work" narrating all of the information I've got talking to Sebastian from yesterday's date.

I see my dad sighed in relief as my mother got into another round of shrieking. My cheeks got so red from the teasing from my mother and sister. They said that I look like a teenager who is reminiscing her first love. At that thought, my head feels like its gonna explode from embarrassment, I  bury my head from my hands to stop myself from smiling and getting teased more.

"Did he ask for a second date?" Lorena asked and I look away in shame. I can't tell them that I'm the one who initiated the second date.

"A-Actually, I--uhh, asked him for a second date" my head lowered and if it can lowered more it would reach the ground. My voice got weaker and weaker too.

"Yes! That's my baby girl"

"That's good! You need to grasp every opportunity you can get!"

Dumbfounded by the words my mother and sister utter at me, I look at my dad and our eyes met. Thinking the same thing.

"What a brave pair of a mother and daughter"