Chapter 1 | Partners

(Y/n) = your name
(L/n) =last name
(M/n) = mother's name
(H/c) = hair colour
(H/l) = hair length

(slow burn)

  ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Connor walked into the police station, having just been sent by Cyberlife after he saved the little human girl from the deviant. He was supposed to join Lieutenant Hank Anderson and Sergeant (Y/n) (L/n) to investigate a homicide that involved an android but he didn't know where they were. The two were partners and Connor was going to assist them on all deviant and android related cases. Sergeant (L/n) was the daughter of the genius (M/n) (L/n). (M/n) had worked closely with Elijah Kamski (some said they had a romance) and was one of the founders of CyberLife. After (M/n) was killed in a machine accident, (Y/n) had joined the Detroit Police, working on android cases as it was her specialty, like her mother's. Walking up to the front desk at the reception, he saw a female android.

"Can I help you?" The android asked, politely.
"Yes. I'm here to see Lieutenant Anderson and Sergeant (L/n)."
"Do you have authorisation?"
"Yes." He blinked as his LED turned yellow as did the woman's.
"Lieutenant Anderson is not in at the moment but Sergeant (L/n) is at her desk."
"Thanks." Connor walked away from the desk and to the small plastic gate with the words 'Restricted Area' on a yellow stripe. 

It opened for him as did the glass doors after that. The doors opened to a small open corridor with officers desks in the centre of the main room to the left of the corridor, slightly cut off from the corridors by glass half walls. Windows and rooms lined the right side of the corridor. Several officers were typing away at their desks, some were walking around and some were leaning against desks, walls and taking a break. A dark skinned man paced around a large elevated room with glass walls. The words 'Captain Fowler' were next to the door. Going up to a female android standing by the wall in the small, open corridor, he asked,

"Do you know where Sergeant (L/n)'s desk is?"
"It's right over there." The android pointed to the far side of the middle area where a woman was typing away at her desk. She wore black trousers and a black turtleneck halter top. Over that, she wore a black leather jacket (image). She had (h/l) (h/c). He began walking over to the desk and as he got closer, he could see the desk name plate read,

Sgt. (L/n).
"Sergeant (L/n)." The woman looked up attentively. "My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife."
"Hi." She said with a gentle smile. "Just (Y/n) please. I hate my title."
"(Y/n), then."
"I assume you're here for the investigation of the homicide."
"Yes. I'm a prototype made for assisting investigations. An RK800."
"Well, Hank's not showing any time soon. I don't even know if he's been informed about the case and he's out drinking. Again." She sighed. "Come on, let's go find him." She got out her chair and the two began walking towards the exit.

~~~~~Time Skip brought to you by lack of a cutscene~~~~~

It was raining at night as the two walked along the pavement to the fifth bar where they might find Hank. (Y/n) had the hood of her leather jacket up to shield herself moderately from the rain. Connor was playing with a quarter, throwing it up in the air, catching it and deftly weaving it around his fingers. (Y/n) had watched intently.

"You seem to know how to interact with humans very well. But you don't feel?"

"Correct. Adapting to human nature is in my programming." Connor explained.

"Oh." (Y/n) said, downheartedly.

"I sense that my answer has caused a negative reaction from you."

"It's nothing. It's just... I'm an odd one. I admire deviants. The ability to feel emotion. It goes against their programming but they find a way to push passed and follow their own beliefs."