Chapter 15 | Not a Slave

The hundreds of androids who had joined them at the march were all in Jericho and still more were coming. They managed to get a medical area set up and some news screens to see what was happening going on. Apparently they had caused quite a stir. 

They were talking about Markus and the android that had yelled her speech to everyone once the fight was over. (Y/n). It was about 10pm and there were fires set up for light and possibly warmth if some of the androids had their hot and cold sensors on. They were all resting from their wounds. 

North and Josh were helping some of the others, Markus was thinking what their next move should be upstairs and (Y/n) was seeing to the androids around the main area. It just never ended. They wanted freedom but so many of them had died yesterday. How many more would have to give their lives before they were heard? Her hair was loose and she wore a shiny blue top and her black trousers were simple like her boots. As (Y/n) wandered around, she saw 2 familiar faces. She hurried up to them as they walked through the entrance.

"Kara, Alice." She called and they turned her way and Alice gave her a joyful smile. Beside them was a large dark skinned man with a hard face but soft eyes. "How come you two are here? I thought you would be out of the city by now."

"We would be but we've had some trouble along the way. We need to make it over the border to Canada but the next bus leaves at midnight and we need forged passports." Kara explained. "I didn't realise you did so much for androids." Alice said and (Y/n) smiled and kneeled down to be at her level.

"I do what I can so we can all be happy and free. To see a smile on your face was worth it. We will get our freedom, Alice." She stood up.

"This is Luther. We wouldn't have made it this far without him." Kara gestured to the large man.

"Hello." He nodded and smiled. (Y/n) reciprocated the gesture.

"I'm (Y/n). Come on. You must be cold." She  said to Alice and led them through the thick crowd of androids. They got to the corner of the room where a fire burned in a barrel, lighting up the walls and the rA9 scrawls on them. Kara got Alice sat down on some boxes beside the fire.

"How do you feel?" She asked in a motherly voice.

"I'm hot and cold at the same time." Alice replied and (Y/n) frowned in worry. Kara felt the little girl's forehead for temperature before standing up. (Y/n) knew they needed to get to Canada soon. Their strong family bonds and comfort didn't belong in this war. They couldn't stay in case things went bad and (Y/n) couldn't bear to think of Alice getting hurt. Kara turned to Luther. "Stay with her. I'll try to find this Markus."

"The last bus is in two hours." Luther warned. "And the terminal is on the other side of town, we haven't got much time."

"We'll leave as soon as we have passports." Kara reassured.

"Kara. There's something I have to tell you. It's about Alice." Luther said quietly and (Y/n) had a feeling she knew what he was trying to say. It had become clear to her once more androids came to Jericho. Alice was a YK500 model. An android. She figured it should come from someone else though instead of the stranger they met once.

"We'll have lots of time to talk on the bus. I'll be back. Stay with Alice."

"This way. I'll take you to Markus." (Y/n) said and began walking towards the stairs that led upwards onto the second floor with Kara in tow. On the upper level, (Y/n) weaved a path around the androids, mostly quiet as they watched the news but some talking about what was going to next and the possible fight ahead. The walked into the small cabin with glass walls and a holographic display of the city. Markus was sat on a box, hunched over in contemplation.