Chapter 6 | Just a Feeling

I'm just going to quickly say, this chapter is shorter than the others just because there wasn't a lot to put in it. I might update and add more at some point but for now this is just a small chapter for fluff.

(Y/n) sat on the end of a wooden pier that stretched into part of the sea, her legs dangling over the water. The sky was a sunset orange as the Sun began to sink in the distance. No boats were docked on the pier and she was alone so it was quite peaceful. It was rare to find a quiet moment like that in Detroit, away from the loud noises and angry people. In her hands was the small photograph from the station of her and her mum. Glancing at the other hand on her shoulder where the other person was hidden by a fold, she began to unfold it when she heard footsteps and she quickly put it back in her pocket. Looking to her behind her, she saw Connor walking along the pier, approaching her. She smiled at him and beckoned for him to sit next to her. The android sat down but his back was straight.

"Relax Connor. You don't have to be formal here." He loosened his body a bit.

"It's quite beautiful here."

"Yeah. I come here to think." (Y/n) explained.

"Is there a particular reason you wanted to talk to me here?"

"I just like this location." She took a breath. "So, have you spoken to Amanda yet?"

"Not yet. How do you know her?" Connor asked.

"My mother. She was there when Kamski made her as an artificial intelligence. An android within a computer and without a body." Connor tilted his head as he saw (Y/n) shift her shoulders uncomfortably as she frowned.

"Are you alright, (Y/n)?"

"I don't trust that woman, Connor." The woman said bluntly. "She has the intelligence of an android but some characteristics of a human. Dangerous characteristics."

"Are you proposing her to be a deviant of some kind?"

"Maybe. I don't know for sure. In the time I kind of knew her, she always wanted to be in charge. No, not in charge. In control. She can use as many androids as she wants to get anything. She uses them to do her dirty work. I don't trust her. Neither did my mother. Kamski didn't understand our reasoning. He made Amanda to be like his former mentor Amanda Stern but she's... she always seemed off around me."

"You said she had no body. I will admit, I've only ever met her in the Zen Garden." Connor said.  (In case you didn't understand where the Zen Garden was, it was a graphic interface designed by CyberLife. Not a physical place.)

"She doesn't. But for awhile Kamski had her in the mains. She could be anywhere he gave her access to and that was dangerous. Eventually, he realised how much she worried my mother and he only let her involve herself with CyberLife related things. So her 'movement' is restricted to the mains of CyberLife and that includes the Zen Garden where she talks to the androids she has power over and I'm going to guess you as well. Even now... I don't think she is stable."

"Are you worried she might take advantage of her control?"

"... Yes Connor. Since you told me you report to her after every mission, I am very worried."

"You shouldn't have to be. I don't believe you have any reason to worry about her."

"Thanks." (Y/n) smiled. The Sun had sunk even lower. "Sometimes, I forget sunsets like this even exist. I thought they had been mostly destroyed by the humans in the last century. In a way, that makes androids better. They never have a desire to destroy everything they touch. They're more... mature than humans." Connor said nothing. "What do you think about these deviants?" She eventually asked. The RK800 immediately dived back into the investigation.