Chapter 17 | WE ARE ALIVE

(Y/n) sat in the automatic car beside Connor, a gun in hand, white and black armour on and a white helmet concealing everything but her mouth. The helmet acted as a screen highlighting and noting things. The car was en route to CyberLife Tower, the wheels running smoothly over the snow. Connor noticed her gripping the gun tighter.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"Terrified." She admitted. 

Although they had hacked into the system to give her a soldier designation and made sure Connor was needed at CyberLife, she still felt like she could get caught at any moment.

The car a slowed as a wall with the words CYBERLIFE on it blocked the road and couple of soldiers approached them. One soldier went around the side of the car and Connor put the window down.

"Connor Model #313 248 317. I'm expected." Through her helmet, (Y/n) could see the LED on Connor's head light up and she heard the words 'Identification successful'. She assumed the guard heard the same when he said,

"Okay." And took a step back. "Go ahead." Connor rolled the window back up and the guard gestured for the others to lower the wall. The wall went down one letter at a time and the car drove on. It circled around the huge, cone-like tower with its blinking blue lights until it came to the entrance. The car stopped and Connor got out, (Y/n) behind. Even though she was the one with a gun, she was probably more scared and was thankful the helmet concealed her worried eyes. She followed him into the building as an escort and she immediately noticed the excessive amount of guards. Everyone must be scared from the uprising. Three guards stood in their path.

"Follow me. We'll escort you." One said.

"That won't be necessary, I've got it under control." (Y/n) reassured.

"I know." The guard said and the android could hear the underlying challenge. "But I have my orders. We need to be on the lookout for rogues in case they need to be dealt with." Connor glanced at (Y/n) and saw her grip tighten on her gun at the phrase 'dealt with'. The guard led them both towards the odd, triangular entrance. Just outside it was a 3D grid that seemed to pulse. As they walked through it, it scanned them and (Y/n) held her breath.

"Agent 23, identified." A bodiless computer voice said. "Connor android, identified. Agent 47, identified. Agent 95, identified." (Y/n) calmed down and carried on walking, realising there was another agent behind them. The centre on the building was something to behold. Transparent walkways over trees and in the centre was a gigantic black statue if a human holding an orb of glowing blue light. They walked around the statue onto another walkway where androids stood on pedestals on either side, unmoving, not alive, but not dead. At the end of the walkway was the elevator. The doors slid open and Connor walked into it, followed by Agent 23, Agent 54 and (Y/n). It was quite cramped but orders were orders apparently. The guard on Connor's right tapped the panel with the floors.

"Agent 54. Level 31."

"Voice recognition validated. Access authorised." The lift said and began to go up.

'Connor, the warehouse in on level sub-49."' (Y/n) told Connor in their heads.

'I know. We're going to have to take them out.' He said and (Y/n) knew he was going to have to kill them. She felt him connect their minds and she saw him go through a fight sequence in his head. 'Let's do it.' Connor said. Before they went much higher, Connor suddenly shoved a guard against the wall. As the other guard began to react, (Y/n) crouched low and swung her leg around with ease, tripping him up. Connor grabbed the gun from the guard he attacked and the guard tried to tackle him. (Y/n)'s guard tried to throw a punch but she grabbed his wrist and twisted it until she heard a crack. He dropped in pain and she delivered a kick to his head, keeping him stunned. Turning, she saw Connor throw the guard trying to tackle him against the wall then quickly shot him. As the other guard began to get up, the RK800 shot him as well. (Y/n) let out a shaky breath at the blood on the walls.