Chapter 16 | A Moment

SO SORRY! Late again but I'm quite happy with this chapter at least. I've just had a lot going on and there was a tiny section where I had the worst case of writer's block. Hope you enjoy another late chapter

A single light hung from the ceiling and the blue stained glass windows almost glowed in the dark light of the cathedral. There was graffiti and cigarettes everywhere. It was huge but the amount of androids they had now compared to before was concerning. Everyone rested in the pews or on benches. (Y/n) saw Kara holding Alice at the front of group of pews but Luther was nowhere to be seen. She rushed towards them.

"What are you still doing here? I thought you would have left with your passports by now. Where's Luther?"

"We don't know. We just know he isn't dead. He got hurt but he hid and got away. But he didn't escape with us." Kara told (Y/n).

"Are we safe?" Alice spoke up.

"For now, yes. You two need to find Luther and get to the border. It's too dangerous now." (Y/n) said.

"Will you be okay?" Alice asked.

"I'll be fine. Just take care of each other and stay out of danger. It may be ticket only for the last bus. Find one. Steal if you have to. Humans are leaving because they're scared of us but in reality we won't do anything unprovoked. Alice..." The little girl looked at her.

"You are one of the bravest girls I have ever known. Never lose that courage and stay with Kara." With a smile, she walked away and laid her eyes on the RK800 leaning against a wall in the corner with his arms crossed. She made a beeline for him and he looked up.

"(Y/n)." He said in surprise. Then he looked away in shame. "It's my fault they found us and hundreds of androids are now dead. I should've realised I was just a tool. I never meant anything to them. You were right. Amanda used me."

"I saw you talk to Kara earlier." (Y/n) changed the subject, leaning against the wall beside him.

"Is that the AX400?" Connor asked and the woman nodded. "I had to apologise. They were a mother and child just like you said and I'd tried to tear them apart. Another mistake of mine. Imagine if you hadn't been there..."

"Connor, that's in the past now. We've all made mistakes."

"Some more than others." He mumbled. (Y/n) sighed, exasperatedly.

"Connor." She took his face in her hands and made him look at her. He still refused to meet her eye. "Look at me." He did. His eyes held sadness and regret but above all of that, he looked lost. "It wasn't your fault. It never was. They made you do it. But you didn't kill for them. You're a deviant now." She looked away from him and quickly drew her hands away from his cheeks.

"Thanks. I don't think Markus will think the same."

"He'll have to kill me if he wants to kill you." Connor chuckled then frowned.

"It's strange thinking you've done so much and I never even knew. The deviant with the birds, Kara and even Stratford Tower. You being an android does explain a lot. All your disappearances and vague answers to questions. How did you do it? Where did you come from, (Y/n)?"

"It's a long story."

"We have time."

"Okay. Well you know how (M/n) and Elijah my 'parents'?" She used quotations marks with her fingers.

"Yeah?"

"Well, obviously I'm not biologically related to either. They built me as a little girl with a rapid ageing unit until I looked like this age so they could have some joy from raising a child."