Chapter 11 | Close Call

Connor, Hank and (Y/n) all stood in the Stratford Tower elevator, Connor tossing a coin from finger to finger while (Y/n) was fiddling nervously with her hands, watching the coin as a way to settle her nerves. After a few seconds Hank swiped the coin out of Connor's hand, once the tinging sound had finally annoyed him to the limit.

"You're starting to p**s me off with that coin, Connor." Hank complained, angrily.

"Sorry, Lieutenant." Connor apologised. Frowning, (Y/n) took the coin off of Hank and put it in her own pocket. Before Hank could say anything, she said,

"If you get to take Connor's coin because it annoys you, then I should be able to take your beer away from you. But I'm not going to because I can be a bit nicer." She looked past Hank to look at Connor. "I'll give you the coin later. That okay?" Connor gave a small smile.

"That's fine, (Y/n). I just wanted to focus my mind for the case." (Y/n) smiled back at him and pocketed the coin. In all honesty, she just wanted to try the coin trick. A few hours after she and the others had escaped, Hank had called her about the case, saying she was needed at Stratford Tower. It was mentally exhausting, all the running around.

"79th floor." The elevator said as the number turned to 79 and the doors slid open. As they all stepped out, an officer holding a tablet looked at them.

"Hi Hank. Good to see you, (Y/n)." He greeted.

"Hi Kean." (Y/n) smiled, trying to not make herself look to nervous.

"S**t, what's going on here?" Hank looked at the amount of agents and guards in the corridor. "There was a party and no one told me about it?"

"Yeah, it's all over the news so everyone's butting their nose in." Kean said and gave Hank a knowing look. "Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."
"Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our back. I knew this was gonna be a s****y day. So what do we got?"

"A group of 4 androids. They knew the building and they were very well organised." (Y/n) and Connor began tailing the two cops as they spoke, (Y/n) still fiddling with her hands. She glanced at Connor for second, afraid that they might discover her at any second. Another thought that scared her was Simon. Had they found him? Could she reach him in time? 

She quickly looked away so as not too seem worried, although Connor looked at her a second after she had done so. He could have sworn he saw her glance at him. They both turned their attention back to Hank and Kean. "I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed." They stopped at a dip in the wall where a fire escape was. The same fire escape (Y/n) had come through with the others. There were a couple of FBI agents crowded around it.

"You check the roof?" One asked another.

"Not yet. There's so much to look at." (Y/n) and the others moved on further down the hall.

"They attacked two guards in the hallway. Probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react." Kean said and (Y/n) bit her lip. At least Markus had just knocked them out and they weren't dead.

"One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him." As they went through the first door next to the desk where the two men had been working, (Y/n) saw Connor look at the camera and she tried not to smirk. They wouldn't find anything on the CCTV.

"How many people were working here?" Hank asked.

"Just two employees and three androids. The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their massage live. They made their getaway from the roof."