Chapter 4 | Defector

(Y/n) left the station with her bag on her shoulder. She ran to where Hank's police car was stored in its separate garage and opened the small door at the side. The car was sitting in the centre of the room, mechanical equipment scattered around the room. Luckily, there were no windows and no one around. A single camera was positioned in the corner. 

Walking up to it, she quickly snapped the wire that was digging into the wall and the camera powered off. She looked around the room and saw a sharp awl on a workbench. Smiling, she grabbed it then stood next to the car and leaned down. Hastily, she began slashing at the first tire. It quickly opened and began to deflate. Then she moved on to the next one. Then the next one. And finally they were all burst. That would buy her time to get to the Ravendale District before the others. As she put the awl back where she had found it, she nicked herself on her finger.

"Damn..." She hissed. Couldn't she go a day without getting hurt? But she had no time to worry about it. Hank and Connor could be coming any second. Taking off her rucksack, she opened up the bag and saw the spare clothes inside. A disguise. Granted it wasn't that different from her normal clothes but it was a change from the clothes any police had seen her in. Shrugging off her jacket, she put on the hoodie and swapped her jeans for a pair of ripped ones. Then she took the pair of goggles and strapped them over her head to conceal her eyes. Finally, she grabbed the face mask and put on, hiding the rest of her face, consisting of her nose and mouth, then she pulled her hood up. 

Glancing at her handiwork one more time, she dashed out of the garage and towards the curb. A large motorbike with thick wheels was resting at the side of the road. Pointing a small black rectangle with a glowing image of a lock on it towards the bike, it powered on and the lock on the rectangle unlocked. Putting the rectangular bike keys in a pocket, (Y/n) got on the large vehicle and revved the engine before slowly driving away. Looking back for a second, she saw Connor and Hank approaching the car along with a few other officers going to their own vehicles. Under the goggles, she made eye contact with Connor and he frowned in confusion. Knowing the simple look would make her a suspect of the car vandalism, she immediately turned back to the road and sped off.

  ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hank and Connor entered the garage and after a second, saw the state of the car.

"What the f**k happened here?!" Hank exclaimed walking around the other side of the car. "All four wheels flat. How the hell did this happen. They were fine when I parked it here." He put his hands on his hips.

"Punctures like this don't just happen, Lieutenant." Connor crouched down to inspect the tires. His LED turned yellow then he stood up. "Judging by the severe slashing and size of the cuts, this was done with an awl."

"A what?" Hank looked at him like he sprouted a pair of wings.

"This." Connor walked to the workbench and picked up the sharp tool. "No fingerprints...and it was used recently. It still has some traces of rubber."

"Done with gloves, maybe. That could be why there are no fingerprints." Hank suggested. "The wire to the camera was cut. We won't be able to see who was in here."

"Just as we entered, a masked person drove away on a motorbike. They looked at me then quickly drove away. It is likely it was them."

"Can we track them down?"

"Well, it seems our vandal left something behind." He handed Hank the awl.Blue blood stained the tip.

"Great. Another f***in' deviant." The Lieutenant groaned. "So can you track their blood?"

"Of course not. But if we try hard enough, we may find the android on the bike. However, Lieutenant, I advise that we stay on track and go after the AX400 first."