Chapter 4

Sitting in Kazuichi's room, he and the breeder just stared at each other. It was silent between them and no one was saying a single word. This already went on for quite a while now. Just deciding to meet up in the mechanic's room was hard enough for them.

"So..." Kazuichi broke the silence, "What are we going to do for this project?"

The moment when Miss Yukizome mentioned the project and the fact that Kazuichi and Tanaka were in the same group both students were shocked. Their talents couldn't be more different. What could a breeder and mechanic do as a project while using both their talents? Kazuichi couldn't even touch an animal without it trying to harm him and as far he had noticed over the last couple of months the alpha had next to no knowledge about mechanics and technology.

Still the biggest problem for both students remained their extremely tense relationship. They weren't friends. Quite the contrary, they hated each other. Nearly every time the two of them ended in some sort of argument. Kazuichi could count the times were they interacted without being at each other's throats on one hand.

"This is a difficult question, that even I can not answer." Tanaka was deep in thought, his always present hamsters sitting on his head and shoulders. Only San-D wasn't sitting on her owner as she was busy looking around Kazuichi's room. He really hoped that the hamster didn't bite any of the cables that were in his room.

Sighing deeply Kazuichi sank deeper into his chair. "Great. And we only have about one month to finish this shit."

Looking nowhere in particular, Kazuichi wondered if the others had the same problems with their projects. He never would have thought it could be this hard to come up with something. When he was working alone he never had any problems before. But no, he had to work with the weirdo.

If he didn't knew it better, Kazuichi would bet that Miss Yukizome and Komaeda were working together to make the two students become friends. However this was impossible, since Miss Yukizome was on vacation over that time. Or was it really that impossible?

No, there was no way. Especially since Komaeda promised to stop with his attempts.

"Are you even listening you foolish mortal?" came Tanaka's voice, tearing Kazuichi from his thoughts.

"Eh, what?" the mechanic looked confused back to the alpha, who on the other hand seemed annoyed because of it.

"You have quite some nerve to ignore the ruler of this world, Sharp Toothed One."

"Yeah, whatever." Kazuichi rolled his eyes, "So what did ya say?"

"As I was saying, I do have to follow my responsibilities and take care of the beasts that occupy this grounds." Tanaka declared, getting up. "If you wish to resume our meeting, you will have to follow me to their palace."

Sighing Kazuichi also got up, "If we have to, fine."

With a wave of Tanaka's hand, San-D ran up to the breeder. Picking her up, he let her and the other three hamsters climb back into his clothes. One if these days Kazuichi had to find out how he did it.

The two students walked together towards the farm, where all the animals that this school housed lived. It was a large building, about half the size of the school building itself. Kazuichi had been on the field around the farm a few times before, but this was the first time that he would actually go inside of it. He never had the chance to go, due to him working in the labs or hanging out with his friends. And quite frankly he never really thought about going inside of the building, as he never had any reason to do so.