Chapter 10

Nothing happened. Of course nothing would happen; why should something like a prediction really happen? Kazuichi had been silly to really think that Hagakure would be correct with what he said. Time went by and neither did Kazuichi experience any pain nor hardship. He also didn't think that any of his closest friends were trying to trick him in any way. He had been an idiot to believe such nonsense, from a guy who was years older than him and yet was still his underclassmen. Kazuichi wanted to slap himself for seriously considering that the clairvoyant would be right with something so stupid.

Over the first days, Kazuichi had been paranoid and tried to avoid everything that could be the reason for his upcoming misery. Some of his friends had noticed his strange behaviour and asked him what was wrong, but his paranoia over them trying to trick him was burned into his skull, making him wave it off and tell them that everything was absolutely normal. However when nothing changed in his life, he deemed this whole prediction as ridiculous and simply forgot about it. There was no way that it would become true.

At least he hoped it.

There was one thing however that Kazuichi did notice which changed slightly. The Ultimate Breeder, Gundham Tanaka, had been very busy as for late with his animals, resulting in him not spending much time with other people. Kazuichi had tried to talk with Tanaka quite often, however Tanaka excused himself most of the times and had to leave, leaving the omega feeling a little bit dejected. To Kazuichi's slight relief was the breeder not hanging out with any of the other students, so the mechanic could at least count out that Tanaka was avoiding only him. On top of that, he did understand why Tanaka was so absorbed in his work right now. Still, even this knowledge didn't help against the feeling of abandonment.

"Are you still sulking?" Leon asked his friend. The teen was straddling a chair in Kazuichi's dorm room, his arms lying on the backrest of it.

"I'm not sulking." Kazuichi retorted, giving Leon a dark look from his place on the bed.

"You are, believe me dude." Leon looked at Kazuichi and pointed at him, "Just look at you. You are lying in your bed like an offended child. It reminds me of Masaru whenever I ignore him."

"I'm on my bed, since your arse is sitting on my chair." Kazuichi complained, still giving his friend a dirty look. He wasn't sulking. And if he was, he at least had a reason to do so.

"This idiot has been sulking for days now that his beloved crush doesn't have time for him any more." Kuzuryu commented with an annoyed tone in his voice, "It's getting fucking irritating to watch." The yakuza was leaning against the desk inside of the dorm room, while Hinata was sitting next to him.

"I-I don't have a crush on Tanaka!" Kazuichi shrieked and quickly sat his body up, his face turning red.

Hearing this, Hinata only gave an short laugh. "Souda, I'm sorry to say that, but you are quite obvious about it."

"I second that." Leon agreed with the older teen.

"Not obvious enough, so that the stupid hamster lover notices." Kuzuryu added to this, giving his signature smug grin.

"Ya are supposed to be my friends and not gang up against me!" Kazuichi whined, his cheeks still blushing. He then turned towards Kuzuryu, "And ya aren't better Kuzuryu! Everyone knows that ya are in love with Pekoyama, except of her!"

At this, the yakuza flinched, he prior smug grin wiped clean from his face, and he got just as red as Kazuichi was. "W-What? I'm not..! I-I mean..." he stammered with a complete loss of words.

"Oh give up, we all know it." Kazuichi let himself fall onto the bed again.

Leon regarded the two teens with a dumbfounded expression, before turning towards Hinata, "Are all of your classmates this stupid?"