Chapter 22

Kazuichi was absolutely freezing. With the winter holidays now approaching the temperatures dropped even more than before. Aside from maybe playing in snow – which they didn't have yet, so this was out of the window anyway – he really couldn't understand how people enjoyed being outside in the cold. If things went his way he would currently prefer being on a hot sunny beach on some tropical island paradise, away from the blow freezing temperatures. Though he guessed that he should be thankful that he at least only really had to go out super rarely, since the dorm rooms and all the classrooms were within the same building which was nicely heated.

Only that right now he was outside and trying to hide himself in his thick winter coat. Kazuichi needed to get some extra parts for his Christmas gift he was working on for Gundham and as some of his classmates wanted to do some Christmas shopping themselves before the holiday started they decided to go to town together. Causing Kazuichi to be out longer than he had originally anticipated, even if he enjoyed hanging out with his friends a lot. At least he wasn't the only one suffering from the cold since Hinata and Tsumiki did as well – making Kazuichi think that this was omega solidarity of it's finest – and the others did try to make them feel a bit less cold while they were out during temperatures below freezing point; Kamukura had given his twin brother his scarf to wear, Sagishi was so nice to borrow Kazuichi their small, portable hand warmer – which Kazuichi genuinely enjoyed to knead with his hands – and Nanami and Mioda had both given Tsumiki a woolly hat and a pair of gloves from them to wear – although Mioda had also tried to give Tsumiki her coat but had it quickly given back to her after she instead began freezing badly.

When everyone then finally had bought everything they had planned to get after the group had walked through town for hours, they then finally made their way back to Hope's Peak Academy, much to Kazuichi's relieve. He couldn't wait to get back inside of a warm building for longer than just the few minutes it took walking down an isle of a random shop and then paying at a cash register. He might even take a nice hot shower when they got back and then hide in his bed to watch some videos away from the cold.

Upon finally arriving and passing through the main entrance into the heated building everyone gave a relaxed sigh at the warmth hitting their chilled bodies, showing that the others had also stared feeling the icy cold bite their skins.

As all of them had the same destination, their dorm rooms to put away their purchases, the group continued walking together towards the dorms. Which was where Kazuichi's favourite scent caught his attention and he spotted Gundham who was currently walking up towards his own dorm room. With an excited smile on his face Kazuichi quickly made his way to his boyfriend, "Gundham, I'm back!" and hugged him in greeting. "Oh god you're warm." he cooed and closed his eyes in bliss, as he leaned more against his boyfriend's broad chest and sneakily pushed his hands underneath Gundham's coat to warm himself up with the alpha's body heat.

The suddenly closeness made Gundham fluster a bit, however he pulled Kazuichi a bit closer as he hugged him in return. "And your mortal form is chilled, my consort."

"Well, it's fucking cold out there." Kazuichi replied as he snuggled closer into the warmth. One of the things Kazuichi liked about alphas was that they were like walking heaters. Maybe he could get Gundham to cuddle with him in bed for a bit? He would even gladly ditch the idea of the hot shower for this.

"It would be wise then that you warm your mortal form up, before you end up being harmed." Gundham said as he gently let his hands run up and down his boyfriend's back to warm him slightly more.

"Was the plan." Kazuichi replied, however he didn't want to let go of his boyfriend right now. So he looked up, "Say, do ya have anything planned right now?"