Chapter 12

Ever since Princess Sonia Nevermind has invited all of her classmates to the royal ball over the Winter holidays, this was the most talked about topic of class 77. One by one all of the students accepted the invitation, some as soon as the following day and others a little later, as they first talked with their families about the prospect of being away over Christmas. Kazuichi agreed quite fast, since he would've stayed in the school otherwise and since Tanaka, Mioda and Tsumiki all also agreed, he would've been alone if he didn't go. Not to mention that Miss Sonia was one of his closest friends, so there was no reason for him to decline.

Except that he had no date, no clothes to wear or even money to buy some, and couldn't dance to save his life. Prime conditions for him to go to a royal ball hosted by the rulers of a country.

However Kazuichi had other things on his mind at that given moment, than the upcoming royal ball and everything that came with it. He was more occupied with trying to not jump Tanaka in the middle of class. The omega was in heat and he hated it with every fibre of his being. Even with the heat suppressants he couldn't stop to constantly think about the alpha. It was driving him crazy. It was ridiculous that the omega was able to hang out with every alpha he knew without any problems whatsoever, but not with Tanaka, the one person he really wanted to spent his time with. Especially since he now wasn't able to ask the alpha if he would like to go to the ball with him or vice versa, not that Kazuichi really believed that Tanaka would actually ask him. However the thought was nice.

In the hope of finding a solution against his problem, the omega went to the one person he knew that shared the same fate as he did, his soul friend Hinata. The brunette omega had shared the same problem with his boyfriend Komaeda and even while he took the pills, the couple were still able to react to each others pheromones and they couldn't keep their hands to themselves, resulting in many very awkward meals for their classmates and friends.

However one day it seemed like their symptoms had stopped all of the sudden, so Kazuichi hoped that maybe the Ultimate Pharmacist was able to produce better pills or something and so he asked. Yet when Hinata wasn't able to form an answer on how he and Komaeda were able to relieve the symptoms and only got extremely flustered, Kazuichi nearly screamed at the revelation.

There was no way he could do that with Tanaka, even if some part of him really wanted to! And the thought about doing it only made the problem much more worse! So in the end he had to keep up with avoiding Tanaka as much as he could. Yet this was quite difficult since they were in the same class.

"Souda, are you coming or not?" the sudden question made Kazuichi jump and when he snapped out of his thoughts, he saw that most of his classmates had already left the room and that Kamukura was looking at him with his ever bored expression. Next to him where Komaeda, Fuyuhiko and Nidai, who were all also looking at him.

Ah, that was right. The four of them had promised to assist Kamukura at some test that the principle wanted to do with him. "Ah yeah, coming!" Kazuichi quickly got up from his seat and grabbed his bag, before walking towards his friends.

"Maybe you should take a good shit before we start!" Nidai laughed and patted Kazuichi on his shoulder in a friendly manner, who however carefully pushed the hand off.

"I'm fine, so let's just go."

No matter how often Kazuichi saw how unrealistically talented Kamukura really was, he was baffled every time anew. Was there anything that the guy couldn't do? Maybe except smile more often in front of other people than his own twin brother. Even while showing of his skills in front of his classmates, who assisted with the test, and the Ultimate Neurologist, who was taking notes, he still kept his stoic expression the whole time.