Chapter 8

Kazuichi simply wanted to hit his head repeatedly onto his desk. He couldn't, for his life, understand most of the things that were supposedly topics in his exams. Even Miss Sonia's tutoring didn't help him. His brain just didn't want to understand anything. It was hell. It was pure frustration filled with textbooks and worksheets.

And the worst of it was, the written exams didn't even take up much of his grades. Most of his grades were for his inventions, since this is what Hope's Peak Academy was about. Researching talent.

So why did they have to write exams then? Kazuichi just couldn't figure out why.

"Souda, you have to stay focused or you will fail your exams." Miss Sonia warned her classmate, who had his head on the table.

Ever so slowly the mechanic lifted his head again. "Yeah, sorry Miss Sonia."

Miss Sonia and Tanaka were both looking at Kazuichi. The group were sitting inside of one of the libraries to study together. At least that was the plan for the last few weeks. The Ultimate Princess encouraged her two friends to study everyday and it was beginning to take up all of their free time by now. The topics were way more advanced than anyone in the class anticipated, which led to all of the students studying without end in sight.

Kazuichi had the same procedure every day; go to class and study, work on his inventions and then study some more. Even the weekends were the same, only without the lessons at the beginning. The only time the mechanic had any real chance to speak about different topics with his friends, was either when they were eating or when they were taking brakes from studying together.

The only ones who didn't seem to have any problems were the twins. Hinata was always studying and knew nearly everything already thanks to that and his twin brother was plainly a genius. Those two could relax and do what they wanted – though Hinata tried to help everyone with studying, especially Komaeda – while Kazuichi was trapped in the library and had to endure this torture.

After sitting around for even more hours to study, Kazuichi couldn't even concentrate on what the princess was talking about any more. That was saying something, considering that Miss Sonia had been one of the people that was constantly on the mechanic's mind, at least in the past.

"Can we please stop for today?" the omega finally asked; his brain was just not functioning any more. "This has been going on for hours now." He was sure that his head was going to burst if he had to do just one more analysis in the near future. Or the next few years for that matter.

Miss Sonia turned her eyes towards her watch to check the time. "You are right, we have been studying for nearly the whole day now. I think a stop for today would be of need, so that we are able to continue tomorrow with newfound motivation."

While it was nice to see Miss Sonia with such a high spirit, there was no way that Kazuichi would find any motivation to study, even if he looked everywhere. However he was at least finally able to pack his stuff for today. It was already past dinnertime – which was the last brake that they took and only lasted 30 minutes – and night-time was going to start in a few mere hours. There was not enough time to really do something big, but it wasn't like the pink haired teen was in the mood to actually do anything. He just wanted to lie down and maybe watch some TV until he fell asleep. Everything was fine, as long as he didn't have to study any more for today.

Miss Sonia was the first to pack all of her things, which had been neatly organised on the table unlike Kazuichi's stuff, which were completely scattered. The princess bid the two males a farewell, as she wanted to return a few books that she had borrowed from the library.