Chapter 15

Kazuichi couldn't believe what he had just said. He had really told Gundham that he was in love with him and that while shouting it at him in the middle of a small crowd of people, who were now all staring at them and were whispering among themselves.

Gundham was looking at Kazuichi with wide eyes and his mouth was moving ever so slightly, like he was trying to form words but was failing it. His face was burning up and his eyes quickly trailed between Kazuichi and the group of people that were now watching them, waiting for some sort of reaction from the two students.

The suspense was killing Kazuichi and his heart was racing so fast, that he feared that he might faint any second now. The eyes from the other students were burning into the omega's body and Gundham had yet to answer or even react a bit more than only stare at him. Kazuichi couldn't take it any longer, so he simply followed his instincts and ran away as fast as his legs could take him, leaving Gundham and the other students standing. Kazuichi was actually surprised how fast he was able to run, considering how his legs had hardly worked when Leon forced him to the farm in the first place.

He was embarrassed beyond believe. The best plan now was to move as far away as possible and maybe change his name so that no one would be able to ever connect him with that disaster of a love confession. Everything as long as he would be able to erase that out of his memory and just simply live on like he didn't just make the biggest fool of the world out of himself.

Suddenly someone grabbed Kazuichi at his wrist and he came to an abrupt stop in the middle of running. He didn't have to turn around to know who it was; the scent told him everything he needed to know. Except why Gundham had actually followed him and not began ignoring the omega's full existence from now on.

"Why did you suddenly flee?" Gundham asked him while being slightly out of breath from catching up to Kazuichi.

"Why did ya follow me?" Kazuichi asked in reply. There was no way he was that lucky that the alpha did actually follow him because he did in fact like him back. It was most likely Gundham simply being such a stupidly perfect person and wanting to sort that out head-on with a normal rejection. Or it was actually only Kazuichi being anxious, but he wasn't sure.

"I have followed you, since you have suddenly ran away." Gundham answered, "Now would you please turn around and look at me, Kazuichi?"

For a moment he hesitated due to his fear of rejection. However Gundham had actually followed him after what had just happened, so he could at least try as much and look at the alpha. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves again, so that he wouldn't run again at the first change he got, he turned towards the other and looked at him.

"Thank you." Gundham said while letting go of the other's wrist and Kazuichi could see that he was still blushing heavily. "So... if you do not mind, I would like to continue our conversation from before now that we are not in the presence of these highly nosy mortals."

Again Kazuichi's heart began beating like crazy and he simply nodded, since he was sure that his voice would fail him if he tried to form any kind of sentence.

Gundham also turned quiet again and he seemed to have a hard time to keep his eyes on the omega and not look away. He then took a deep breath and asked with a nervous voice, "Did you truly mean what you have just said to me? About you harbouring feelings for me and wishing to go on a, as you mortals call it, date?"

This question made Kazuichi freeze up for a bit and he felt highly awkward. He could lie and maybe tell him that Leon made him say it or that it simply slipped out of him and had no real meaning. But that would only turn him into one of these arseholes who lied and joked about such stuff to others and it was really hurtful in his opinion. He didn't want to lie to Gundham, however he didn't want to get rejected. Out of nervousness he began playing with his fingers and he looked shyly up towards the other. Gundham seemed to be just as nervous as Kazuichi was.