It's Getting Closer...

"Victor?" Mara turned back to her friend, but she saw deep claws marks gouged in the doorframe. "Victor?" Mara found him in the cloudy window, looking out over the flat land. "What's wrong, Victor?" She asked. He growled. "Something's bad....is going to be bad." She walked up behind him, but slightly to the side so he could see her out of the corner of his eye. "Like what?" He scoffed. "I can smell it. I have dreams about it. It smells like...metal." Mara's brow furrowed. "Like...metal?" "Weird metal." "Where's it coming from?" Victor grunted, pointing out the window. "Where Peter's going." Mara's eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me before?" Victor's eyes flashed. "I didn't think, with everything going on..." "We need to get him!" Victor growled. "They won't accept us." Mara glared, impatient now. "They did accept me. I walked away from it. Give them another chance." "NO!" Victor growled and spun away from Amara. "What is your problem? she wanted to know. "Peter could be getting hurt right now and I'm standing here arguing with you!" Victor's nails grew longer and his teeth sharpened. "That metal smell..." "So you're scared." Amara said matter-of-factly. Victor growled. "You don't understand-" "Yes, I do!" Amara pulled on Peter's Pink Floyd shirt. "You're scared and you won't help Peter! But guess what Creed! I will!

Because I love him!"

Amara's body turned to flames and she sped away from her "friend," leaving Victor to complete his interrupted sentence alone. "That metal smell...is getting closer."

~I know this chapter is small but it's leading up to that Top Secret Plot Twist. So keep voting! I love all you readers! *virtual hugs* ~