Captured

"Victor?  Are you here?"

Amara walked into her old house, memories of her and Victor's good times here bringing tears to her eyes.  She started, fire flaming from her fingertips as she heard a creak from above her.  She shouldn't have come here without Peter, or Hank, but Peter was being healed by Charlie Michaels, a.k.a. Healmeister, for obvious reasons; and Hank would have never let her come. 

"Yeah.  But you shouldn't be."

~Amara's POV~

Walking down the stairs came Victor. 

"Victor!  The metal-armed man!  He's —!" Abruptly I was slammed backwards. I tasted blood in my mouth as I hit the floor, ironically, tasting metallic.  "I know.  He's here." I heard Victor rumble.

"Yes he is, sweetheart."

The man above me glared at me with his gleaming blue eyes framed by his long, snarled brown hair. The words were meant to be cocky, I believe, but the man spoke in a deep monotone that sounded like he was a robot. I realized the arm he was holding me down with was...

Metal.

"I thought you were afraid...afraid of the metal...?" I asked, turning my head to try and see Victor — the metal arm curled around my neck so I could only go so far. "Not anymore." He said. The metal arm was more noticeable around my neck though, and it was squeezing tighter. "Uh... Victor... Why are you doing this?" I asked, still trying to not make eye contact with the man. "Because you didn't listen. The Winter Soldier did."

"Did you say... The Winter Soldier?"

Memories flashed through my mind. My mother... My brother... And a metal armed man shooting them through the window.  Both of them crashing to the ground, not dead — screaming.

The man seemed to realize this at the same time I did. "Pity I didn't kill you too!"

His arm tightened around my neck and black spots danced before my eyes and blackness came crashing down on me.

~A/N: Thank @UGottaLoveDraco for the awesometastic Healmeister character, who will certainly be seen in the sequel!~