I. Forbidden

°☆°☆°☆

Jungkook's p.o.v.

I looked at myself in the mirror, gazing at the lifeless, dark eyes staring back at me.

Something about my reflection seemed to have changed.

It wasn't a change perceptible enough to pinpoint.

I didn't know what part of my image seemed unfamiliar, and yet here it was, right in front of me, almost mocking me.

I tilted my head to the side, watching my reflection mirror the movement.

There was a brief moment where the light through the blinds illuminated my irises into a deep red, disclosing what lay underneath, before flickering back to the soul-less black.

I turned away from the mirror, not wanting to look at myself anymore.

Instead, I grabbed the leather jacket that I had laid out on the bed and slipped it on and slung my backpack over one shoulder.

I had an angel to corrupt.

I didn't have time to wonder about futile things like my reflection.

☆°☆°☆

"Absolutely not."

Jungkook groaned at the reply, rubbing his face with his palms in frustration.

"Well, you have to agree to something." The ravenet snapped, slamming his fist on the table.

"-Excuse me, sir? You're making a scene. I suggest you lower your voice if you don't want to be kicked out." One of the waitresses of the restaurant warned the dark haired boy.

"Can't you see we're in the middle of something?!" Jungkook seethed, looking terrifying even in his human form.

"S-S-Sorry." She stuttered and quickly left the table, scurrying back into the kitchen.

"How charming." Taehyung mocked.

"Shut. Up." 

The angel rolled his eyes, taking another bite of the cupcakes he had ordered.

"Like I was saying, I'm not going to tell you anything about my powers or give you any statistics about angels or tell you what happened between us when you were my mission."

Jungkook looked at the blond in exasperation.

"The last one was basically a free ticket! What the hell am I going to do with that information?!"

The blond simply shrugged. 

Jungkook leaned back in his chair, regretting making such a fruitless deal with the boy sitting in front of him.

"You want me to help you track down and get rid of lesser demons. This isn't a simple request.

It isn't going to be a walk in the park.

You have to give me something equally valuable in return." Jungkook tried to reason.

Taehyung had finished his cupcakes and was looking at the one that lay untouched on the demon's plate.

"Are you going to eat that?"

Jungkook growled lowly as he pushed his plate towards the angel. "Did you hear me?"

"Yeah, I heard you just fine." The angel assured as he dug into the last cupcake.

The demon couldn't help but notice that the blond looked rather cute with his cheeks all puffed up as he chewed.