XIX. Without you

A/N: Honestly, this is my favorite chapter I've ever written.

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did writing it
💜💜💜

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v

"The angels that are on my side are ready to work with demons. Of course they might be a little hesitant at first, but if we get your demons to work with them on smaller missions I'm sure.."

I frowned, sitting in the driver's seat of my car, tapping the steering wheel with my thumb in irritation and tuning out whatever Taehyung was telling Bogum as he stood outside with him.

The two of them had moved towards the demon's car, studying certain maps that Bogum had placed on the hood of his BMW, seeming to trace out areas that were under Onew's control.

At the moment, Taehyung was in his more 'human form', having learnt to retract and hide his wings on command over the course of the week, within various training sessions with his Orange-haired friend.

But that hadn't changed the way he looked, still positively radiant under the morning light, unmistakably more than human.

And by the looks of it, so was Bogum. His horns and bat-like wings were nowhere to be seen, but his irises were the color of blood and the tone of his skin had drained out to appear more ashen and cold, contrasting the golden, warm undertones of Taehyung's.

I tried not to focus on the fact that his gaze lingered on Taehyung for a few seconds more than necessary or how he leaned close, too close every time he had something to add, or even how his hand was now over the angel's as he shifted it to point at another place on the map.

All while I was asked to stay in the car because Taehyung didn't want a repeat of what happened last time.

I couldn't stop a low growl from escaping my lips when I saw Taehyung laugh at something the demon said, pushing him away playfully.

I honked the car at them making them both startle at the noise, looking back to see what the matter was.

"Oops." I iterated, not sounding the least bit sorry.

Taehyung shook his head while Bogum gave me the stink-eye.

I glared back at him, not wanting to let him win.

He rolled his eyes before looking back at what Taehyung was pointing at.

Jungkook - 1 , Bogum - 8

I was definitely winning.

After what seemed like forever they packed up and shook hands, seemingly satisfied with whatever they planned.

Taehyung motioned for me to join them, and so I did, reluctantly getting out of the comfort of my car.

As I approached them, Taehyung smiled. "Bogum's managed to round out the various Achilles' heel of Onew's army among the demons." He told me.

"What I mean by that is they're not exactly loyal to him or have a real inclination to work for him either." Bogum continued. "So it'll be relatively easy to take over them. That way we can strengthen our numbers and lessen Onew's."