XXI. Someone Like Me

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is really short, but wattpad was glitching and making it really hard to work with.

The next one will be longer ♡´・ᴗ・'♡

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

"I see you have finally turned. That's wonderful. We'll be winning this war for sure. All the demons would naturally have you lead them, since you will be the most powerful among the lot."

I faked a smile, bowing down in gratitude ever so slightly.
"Of course. I'm glad I've lived up to your expectations." I said, standing upright again.

"You've exceeded them, Jungkook." Namjoon said with a grin. "I can already feel the shift in power.

The angels will fall down like withered leaves in the harsh winter that we will bring about in due time."

"Not all of them," I pointed out, carefully watching his expression shift.

"Whatever do you mean?" He asked, turning around.

"The archangel. And the others under him."

"Ah," his expression grew into a wicked smile. "You really are smarter than I have given you credit for.

You have figured out about Onew's sabotage, haven't you?" He concluded, looking at me as if I was a shining medal that would be added to his family heirloom.

"You already knew of this?" I asked, taken aback.

He laughed. "Obviously. You must take me for a fool to think I was truly in the dark. You wound me, Jungkook."

I raised an eyebrow, curious. "So how are we going to deal with it when the time comes?"

"Not 'we', you." He stated, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged his hand off. "I'm not certain what that means." I told him, narrowing my eyes.

"You're going to kill him, of course."

"What-"

"You have pure blood running through your veins. You're at no lesser rank than him, you'll be able to kill an archangel."

"What makes you so sure I'm going to win in battle against him? He's had centuries of experience, while I've had none." I asked, the idea seeming far-fetched for my ears as well.

"He's weak." Namjoon said, walking around me. "His sins have caused him taints all over his body.

You've seen it yourself. It won't take you much effort at all to kill him. And after you do, all three realms will fall into our hands."

"Exciting." I commented, trying not to let my disinterest show through.

He paused, studying me for a minute. "Unless, you have changed your mind about it?"

"No, I haven't." I denied, feeling a chill crawl up my spine.

"Is this about the pure angel?" He asked, his tone accusing.

"Why would it be?" I answered, making sure my face gave nothing away.

"You know, if that is your inclination, you can choose your pick among which of the angels you'd want to keep alive for your own merriment.

Anyone other than the pure angel. He could very well come in our way, and we can't afford any such liabilities."

"Quite considerate of you." I said, in a bored tone.