XVI. Second Time

A/N: My exams are over and I'm gonna try my best to write this book before college starts again.

Also I want to thank you all so much for the all the comments, votes and follows.

You guys make my day :')

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

A gasp of pain had me pulling away from Taehyung.

He clenched his jaw in agony and closed his eyes, hitting the back of his head against the wall behind him with a soft groan.

My eyes searched him, trying to decipher what had happened, or if I had been too harsh, but my questions were answered when he slowly pulled at his sleeve.

The soft, white material rode up his forearm to show his previous taint growing and branching out.

It was still confined to a small patch on his skin, but what it implied was nothing was anything but insignificant.

"Fuck-" I cursed, running my fingers through my hair as I watched the dark wound glow like hot embers. "I'm sorry, I didn't stop to think-"

"-It's alright. Not your fault." He reminded, eyebrows still drawn in with the pain as he clutched his arm.

I raised an eyebrow. "But I kissed you."

"I let you." He shot back, albeit a little weak, presumably because of the pain.

I couldn't help but frown at his stubbornness.

"You have to learn to share the blame." I told him softly, making him look away in resilience.

Pressing my lips into a line, I studied the taint, thinking about what the witch had said.

"Can I.." I started, unsure of how to word the sentence.

Taehyung turned to look at me, waiting.

"Can I try something?" I asked, gesturing at his forearm.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"It's fine if you don't want me to touch it, I just- I think maybe I can help with the pain."

He hesitated for a bit, glancing down at his the taint on his hand, wetting his lips with trepidation.

I thought he was going to deny me but then he was slowly reaching out his hand towards me, his brown eyes looking at me with caution.

I gave him a meaningful-look as I held onto his wrist gently, not wanting to aggravate the discomfort.

I slipped my hand from where it was at his wrist, to underneath his forearm where the taint lay.

There was heat radiating from it, causing Taehyung's arm to feel warmer than normal, almost like the start of a fever.

I concentrated, focusing on numbing my senses, turning towards the demonic part of me.

"Jungkook, what are you-" Taehyung faltered, his eyes widening as he looked at me.

I saw myself in his chocolate-brown orbs, the reflection of my irises that had turned blood red.

Shifting my gaze back to his arm, I enclosed my hand around his, swiping my thumb across his taint.