Regret

Please read: 

Hello and welcome to the last chapter of 'Nalu Oneshots'! I'm so happy to have hit 3k reads, I honestly never thought this would have happened. I started this book thinking it wouldn't get much attention, like many of my other books, so I didn't really have much motivation for it. Now, after my unannounced hiatus (which I am extremely sorry about), I saw that we hit 3k reads!! I'm so happy with the outcome of this book! I will be started a new book on this account around September, and I hope you guys will like it. Hey, it might even have a little lemon to satisfy your dirty minds. You guys should go check out my main too levymcgardennnn. But, for now, enjoy. 

-Lev

memories - present time

Lucy's P.O.V.

The pitter patter of the rain was my favourite sound. Its had been ever since i was a little girl. 

Staring out of the window of the car on long car trips to surprise father while he was at work just to hear the pitter patter of the rain, and the old radio in the second-hand car we owned. Mother would sing along to some of the songs she used to listen to when she was a young girl. Her voice was sweet and calming. I loved to watch the raindrops slowly fall down the window. My mum and I used to have competitions. We would bet on which raindrop would reach the bottom first, the winner would get a lollipop when we got to fathers work. I would watch the raindrops while my mother would drive, I would sometimes cheat and say I won when it was her raindrop that got to the bottom first. My mother always saw past my lies, but she never was mad at me for it. She just smiled and gave me the prize anyway. 

Sleepovers with my best friends. Just the three of us. We would wear pink matching pink pj's. My mother always thought it was cute. When we were alone in my room, we would fantasize about boys in our class. What any twelve-year-old girls would do at sleepovers from my experience. We all had major crushes at the time. Mine was the boy with the biggest smile in the class, he was so dreamy. I fell in love with him on the first day of school. It would always rain when we had sleepovers. We didn't mind it though, neither did my mother as it helped us calm down. Before bed, we would play truth or dare. It was all innocent dares, like 'do a handstand' or 'go outside and scream at the top of your lungs'. I was dared a few times to confess to the boy I was already smitten too, but I always chickened out.  

My first party. It was at a friends house. Her parents had gone away for the weekend, and she decided to throw a huge party. She invited the whole year group and some year elevens. Luckily, she had a pretty big house. That night, I saw her true colours. I would never forget the look on her face when she did it. When she totally humiliated me in front of everyone. Her icy blue eyes didn't even show any sympathy. I left the party. The pitter patter of the rain started. I ran down the street, eventually becoming too tired to run anymore. I sat down on the curb. That's when I saw him. He ran all this way, just for me. The boy with the big dark eyes. He comforted me. This was the night I confessed.  

Graduation was one of the biggest nights of my life. It was raining, as it was in many of my best memories, but the rain was gentle and calming. I was nervous, so my boyfriend at the time came to calm me down. We were called up onto the stage a few minutes later, where we would have to stand in different rows. Luckily, I was put next to my best friend. My mother and father were up in the back as they couldn't afford better tickets. I caught my mothers eye, she smiled at me making the fine lines become more prominent on her face. After the ceremony, my lover wished for me to meet him at the cherry blossom tree. It was then when he got down on one knee and asked, "Will you, Lucy Heartfillia, be with me, Gray Fullbuster, for eternity?", and I said yes. 

Now I'm lying in a hospital bed, with no one but my pink haired best friend. I made a mistake. I confessed to the wrong person, I shouldn't have said yes. I was diagnosed with breast cancer not too long ago. When I told Gray the news, he freaked out. He said I was no longer useful, that a person whos falling will only bring you down with them. He broke up with me because I was sick. Natsu stayed with, he's been with me ever since I got the news. He was the first to know about it. He's visited me every day, he's the only one who can make me smile. I should have confessed to the boy with the biggest smile in the class. I should have confessed to the boy with the pink fluffy hair. I should have confessed to the boy I had liked since the beginning. I should have confessed to Natsu.