Chapter 1: Welcome to Remmant

*Outskirts of Vale*

Hyde groaned as he opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a starry night and a broken moon. Wait, a broken moon?!

Hyde: The hell?! *sits up*

Seth: You're awake.

Hyde turned to see Seth standing a few feet away with his back leaned against a tree.

Hyde: Seth!

Seth: We seem to be in a strange location.

Hyde: I'll say. We're not in Kanzakai, that's for sure. Wait, where are Yuzu and Orie?

Seth raised an eyebrow for a slight second. Since when did Hyde call Orie by first name? Had they gotten THAT close already?

Seth: Looking for clues on where we are.

Hyde: *gets up* I-I see...

Seth: Hyde, we have no idea where we are. There's no guarantee that we'll all make it out of here alive. So I propose we all work together to survive in this world.

Hyde: That's new. YOU are promoting teamwork?

Seth: *rolls eyes* Well, working individually won't solve anything. Hyde, I know we both want to save Linne from her immortal fate.

Hyde flinched as he remembered the promise he made to Linne after his first the battle with Paradox, but pushed the feeling aside for now.

Seth: So until we find a way home, we need to put aside our differences and work together.

Hyde: You're right. To be perfectly honest, I was thinking the same thing.

They shake hands, keeping a firm grip to show their determination to the new commitment.

Seth: Just know that as soon as we arrive home, I'm targeting you immediately.

Hyde: I wouldn't have it any other way. And Seth?

Seth: Hmm?

Hyde: If I die here...I want you to save Linne. Please try to find another way other than killing her. And if you can't...then go ahead...

Seth was honestly a bit surprised. Did Hyde care about Linne that much...? No, that was obvious from the get go. But still, he couldn't allow that to stop him. He had to save Linne, as he had promised all those years ago, even if he must kill Hyde too...

Yuzuriha: Look who's finally awake!

The boys turned to see Yuzuriha and Orie walking towards them.

Orie: Hyde, you're okay! Thank goodness!

Yuzuriha: She wouldn't stop worrying about you, Hyde. It was honestly adorable how she was so fidgety all the way.

Orie: *blushes* Y-Yuzuriha!!!

Hyde: I-I see...T-thank you for worrying about me, Orie... *blushes and scratches his cheek*

Orie: O-of course...W-we're classmates after all...a-and friends...

Hyde: Y-yeah, friends...haha....

The atmosphere had gotten quite awkward. For some strange reason, Yuzuriha didn't feel like teasing them anymore. In fact, the way they blushed made her uncomfortable. But why? It's not like she had a crush on Hyde or anything....right?

Seth: *suddenly tenses up* I sense a presence. Multiple, in fact.

The others felt it almost immediately after his warning. They saw various black werewolf-like creatures. Hyde could practically feel the bloodlust emanating from them. It was as if these creatures had no soul, only a desire to attack everything around them...it reminded him of Carmine.

*Meanwhile, in Kanzakai*

Carmine: *sneezes* Alright, who the hell is talking about me behind my back?! I swear, when I find who it is, I'm going to tear them limb from limb!!!

*Remmant, outskirts of Vale*

Hyde: The hell are these things?!

Orie: We can worry about that later! Now we just need to deal with them! *grabs her rapier*

Yuzuriha: There's a city nearby! We'll have to move as we fight them to make sure these things don't make it! *grabs Ayame's hilt*

Seth: There are a lot of them. Too many. *takes out his Eliminator blades* (Did someone place them here, or is there some type of instinct they have...?)

Hyde: *pulls out Insulator from his hand* Got it, let's move!

Despite barely having proper knowledge of each other's combat styles, they moved and fought with decent precision and teamwork.

Hyde: Black Orbiter! *kills two monsters* Shadow Scare! *kills three more* You guys okay?!

He sees the others killing multiple at a time. Seth was both quick and skillful with Eliminator, killing monster after monster like a badass.

Seth: *teleports behind two of them and decapitates them* (Pathetic. They're like weaker and dumber Voids.)

Yuzuriha was putting her fighting style to REALLY good use as she supposedly killed dozens with rapid slashes. 

Yuzuriha: Elbow! *elbows one in the face, breaking it's jaw before slashing the air at high speeds, putting Ayame back into the sheath and several of the creatures get suddenly sliced into pieces* Come on, try harder!

While Orie was not as fast as the other two, her elegance and choreography with Thanatos was jaw dropping.

Orie: Divine Thrust! *impales one through the heart and then thrusts into another's head as Thanatos cuts down three creatures that attempt to sneak up behind her*

Hyde: Show offs... *notices that they're getting surrounded* Everyone, stay back!

He charged his next attack as more of the strange creatures approached him.

Hyde: GYRE VORTEX!!!

He stabbed the ground, causing a huge pillar of Red Void energy to erupt from the ground, killing all the creatures. Once the attack ended, Hyde was breathing heavily.

Orie: Hyde! Are you okay?! *runs towards him*

Yuzuriha: That was awesome, Hyde!

Seth: That was extremely reckless, but I suppose it proved effective.

Hyde: T-thanks...Man, I'm beat...

Orie: Can you walk by yourself?!

Hyde: Y-yes. *stands up properly* Thanks for the concern. Let's move.

They nodded and walked to the city on the near horizon. If they hurried, they would be there within a half hour. They were too exhausted from all the previous fighting to go full speed.

*Meanwhile, at Beacon Academy*

A certain headmaster drinks his cup of coffee as he looks at a pillar of red energy erupt in the distance.

???: It appears that this will turn out to be quite the interesting year. *smirks*

*Meanwhile, in Kanzakai*

Linne: *flailing around in Seth's mattress, still tied up* CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME DOWN FROM HERE ALREADY?!

*I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm not good with writing long detailed group fight scenes, but I hope this pleases you at least. If anyone has any ideas, leave them in a comment! Until next time!*