Side Chapter: The Light, the Dark, the Flame and the Wind

*This happens between Jaunecide and Forever Fall, since in this story Jaunecide occurs a month after First Day. The reason I say this is because Weiss is already used to her teammates after Badge and the Burden in the show, and gets along with them just fine before her argument with Blake. This is the first day in Remmant for certain UNIB characters, for your information.*

Linne wandered the streets of Vacuo. It was a pretty nice place, if she was being honest. Though she really could do better without the heat...

Linne: (This is one of the times in which I hate my hoodie...)

She lost her train of thought upon bumping into someone. He was tanned, had blond hair, an open shirt, and a...monkey tail?

Monkey Guy: Oh, sorry kiddo. 

Linne: Don't call me that. I'm much older than you think...

Monkey Guy: Really? I doubt it.

Linne: Would a little girl have this?

She pulled out No Name from her back, slamming it into the ground which caused the guy to step back.

Monkey Guy: Whoa, okay! I believe you! Name's Sun Wukong.

Linne: *raises eyebrow* Sun Wukong? From "Journey to the West"?

Sun: Journey to the what?

Linne sighed in defeat as she strapped No Name to her back. It seems Remmant doesn't share much with Earth in terms of culture. Still, she would never stop the comparison in her head. Journey to the West was one of her favorite books, after all. It even inspired one of those anime Hyde loved so much. What was it called? Dragoon Sphere or something? She'll figure it out later.

Linne: Nevermind. Hey, have you seen my friend? He's tall, has blond and black hair, red eyes, and has a messed up student uniform. He also has this dumb look on his face.

Sun: Um, nope! Never seen anyone with a wacky description like this.

Linne: Wacky? Who says that anymore?

Sun: I do. But in any case, if I run into someone like that, I'll let you know.

Linne: You really don't have to.

Sun: Nonsense! In times like these, we gotta help each other out! What's your name, short stuff?

Sun immediately regretted his words as Linne tripped him and held him in a chokehold.

Linne: First of all, don't call me short. Ever.

Sun: G-got it...! U-uncle! Uncle!

Linne: *lets him go* Second of all, I can't trust you with my identity. Not fully, anyway. Just call me L.

Sun got to his feet, coughing.

Sun: That's kinda harsh. But okay, L. Happy to meet you.

Linne bit the urge to smile, since his demeanor reminded her of Hyde. She shook his hand.

Linne: Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Sun: Ditto! In any case, I gotta go! I have a boat to hijack!

Linne: You're gonna hijack a boat?

Sun: Yep! Well, more like hitch a ride without the guys in charge knowing. I'm going to Vale. You wanna come with?

The small In-Birth would be lying if she said the idea didn't sound fun.

Linne: No thanks. I have to keep looking around here. If I can't find him, I'll go look in Mistral.