Side Chapter: Chaotic Blood and Red Web

*Vale, Tukson's Book Trade*

Blake walked into her favorite bookstore, hoping to see the newest volume of her favorite book (which was TOTALLY not smut), Ninjas of Love. She liked Tukson's Book Trade not only because he had almost every book out there, but also because she personally knew Tukson. They were quite close back in their White Fang days. The days where she committed crimes she now regretted today. She couldn't help but wonder if her parents would ever forgive, or even want to see her again. What she has done...

She shook those memories from her mind, and walked to the counter. She had to drown the past.

Blake: Hi Tukson.

Tukson: Hey there Blake. It's been a while. How's Beacon?

Blake: I'm managing. My teammates are tolerable for the most part, and some of the other students aren't that bad.

Tukson: Good to know. Let me guess, you want to see if we have the latest Ninjas of Love?

Despite the simple nod, she couldn't fight off the small blush that made it to her face. Sometimes just thinking about the book was enough to get a reaction.

Tukson: Well, I'm sure I have it around here somewhere. Hey, Chaos! Help me out here!

Blake's eyes somewhat widened in surprise. Tukson hired some help? Her questions were quickly seized as the new employee in question entered the room. She had no recollection of ever seeing him around Vale. Hell, she almost thought he was a Schnee based on the white hair and sophisticated attitude. He seemed to be holding a thriller novel, based on the cover. She personally didn't like those, but to each their own.

Chaos: Did you need me?

Tukson: Sorry for calling you out like that, but I need your help finding the latest Ninjas of Love volume.

Chaos hummed in thought as he tried getting the name off the tip of his tongue. He had remembered Ninjas of Love being a romance novel of sorts, a pretty detailed and graphic one at that. The girl in front of him seemed to be around his age group, give or take a year or two. For someone to be reading that type of material at this age was something the tactician found amusing.

Chaos: Yes, I believe it was among the books we obtained last week. Luckily, we only have one last copy of the latest volume.

Blake: I'll take it!

The two guys in the room chuckled at her immediate and eager response, whereas Blake tried getting herself under control.

Chaos: Just a moment. *heads to the back*

As the In-Birth went into the back, Blake thought to have a quick chat with her old friend.

Blake: So does he know about...? You know.

Tukson: Yeah. You know I was never one to keep my Faunus heritage a massive secret. But not my past with...them. Chaos is a great help, organizing the store has turned into a breeze thanks to him. I almost feel bad for allowing him to work overtime, but as he's stated, he and his friend need the money. They're new here and have nowhere to go.

Blake nodded in response. If there was one thing she admired about Tukson was how he wasn't afraid to show off his Faunus heritage. Tukson was a man who would only ever run when he absolutely needed to, and even then he'd run away swinging. It wasn't like he was some honorable warrior, that was just who he was. A man who would face his problems like a boxer, bobbing and weaving. In a way, Blake was envious of Tukson.

Back in the White Fang, she was always teased for her "skill" in running away. Even Adam had made a snarky remark on it once. She ran away from home when her parents refused to continue aiding the White Fang, and now she ran away from the White Fang. She ran away from Adam, her partner and mentor...