Chapter 2: Ruby Rose

*Kanzakai*

Linne was still in Seth's mattress, struggling and flailing to get loose. Alas, her efforts were in vain. Seth had tied the knots extremely well, and Linne's constant flailing wasn't helping one bit.

Linne: Somebody?! Anybody?! Hello?! Waldstein?! At this point, I'd be happy with anyone showing up...

???: Looks like you're in quite the pickle there.

Linne stopped moving altogether at the sound of the voice. She hasn't heard his voice in so long, yet it was as clear as glass. She slowly turned to see who it was, sitting in a bench close to the tree she was tied up in.

Linne: You...!

???: What's with that face? Is that any way to greet your beloved brother?

*Remmant, Vale*

Hyde and the others made it to the city of Vale. It was quite the interesting city to say the least. It was quiet, sure, but it made sense given that it was nighttime.

Hyde: So what's the plan?

Seth: We should get used to the surrounding area. I doubt we'll find our way home soon, so we'll need to memorize the layout of this city.

Yuzuriha: Should we split up?

Seth: That does sound like a solid plan to cover more ground. We can sense each other's EXS, so it's not like we'll be fully unaware of where we are.

Hyde: That's true...

Orie: I'm not so sure about this...

Hyde: I think it's a solid idea. Besides, I feel like we might attract some attention if we walked together at this hour.

Seth: We're used to fighting in the Night, so defending ourselves at this hour should be no problem.

Orie: That's true...But how will we meet up?

Hyde: *takes out his cellphone* No signal...that's weird...

Orie: Perhaps our phones aren't used to the signal here?

Hyde: Sounds like it...

Yuzuriha was looking at the "No Signal" on her phone, crying anime tears.

Yuzuriha: No signal...could this night get any worse?!

The other three sweat dropped at the sight.

Seth: Right...in any case, just raise your EXS and we'll meet up there.

Hyde: Got it.

They all went their separate ways (with Yuzuriha still "crying "), making sure to look around and collect information. Hyde wasn't off to a good start, unfortunately.

Hyde: No one seems to be around...The shops are closed, too. Is it too late to ask around...? My phone did say it was almost midnight... *sighs*

Before he could mourn any further, he saw a shop in the distance that appeared to be open. It was called "Dust till Dawn".

Hyde: (Why do I get the feeling that's a pun?) *sees some suspicious looking people entering the store* That doesn't look good.

He started heading towards the shop, only for one of the guys to suddenly fly out the window, along with a young girl. Hyde got a good look at her. She was definitely younger than him, by at least two years. She wore a black/red outfit with a red cape. She was like Little Red Riding Hood, but cuter.