Chapter 6: Initiation

It was a brand new day, but it was not a day to relax. Today was initiation, which meant everyone was getting ready. But first, one must eat breakfast. And that is exactly what Hyde and his friends were doing.

Hyde: Man, these pancakes are pretty good.

Yuzuriha: Tell me about it! The cooks here know what they're doing!

Seth: *nods* Now I believe we should try to form a strategy for initiation.

Hyde: What do you have in mind?

Seth: Well, unfortunately I don't have all the details. I went around campus yesterday and managed to ask a second year student about initiation. She said we would have to go somewhere and collect some sort of relics. However, she was unable to inform me what these relics are, since Ozpin seems to change things up every year.

Orie: Did she tell you where we're going?

Seth: She said she didn't want to spoil everything, so she didn't say. If I were to guess, Ozpin would have us split up and have us find one another. If so, we'd have to make sure we can locate each other.

Hyde: We can use our EXS to sense each other like our first night here.

Seth: Exactly. Sadly, we don't have enough information for a solid plan. So we'll just have to wait and go with the flow when initiation starts.

Yuzuriha: Sounds like my type of plan! *smirks*

Orie: *giggles* Hey Hyde, can you pass the syrup?

Hyde: Sure. *passes it*

Seth: By the way, when did you two start calling each other by your first names?

Hyde: Well, it started with an accidental slip up. But then we thought that since we were already such close friends, we should give it a try.

Orie: It was a bit embarrassing at first, especially since I was so used to calling him by his last name. But eventually we just rolled with it. I think it's for the best, especially since Remmant doesn't seem to share Japan's culture or traditions.

Hyde: Yeah, I guess I called her "Harada" during our fight with Paradox out of old habit.

Seth: I suppose that makes sense.

Yuzuriha: The first step towards young love! Oh, I'm so proud of my little brother! (But what's this other feeling? I can't be jealous...can I?)

Both Hyde and Orie blushed and looked away.

Ruby: Hey, Hyde!

The Unknown Actor turned and saw Ruby waving at him alongside her sister.

Hyde: Hey, Ruby! Hey, Yang!

Yang: Mind if we sit with you?

Hyde: No problem.

Apparently not noticing the suspicious glares he got from Orie and Yuzuriha, Hyde happily invited them to sit with them.

Hyde: Guys, this is Ruby. She's the girl I helped out that night. And the blonde chick is her half sister, Yang.

Ruby: Hello!

Yang: Sup?

Orie: It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Orie Valadier, but please feel free to call me Orie.

Yuzuriha: Well, since we're being friendly...My name is Yuzuriha, the demonic swordswoman who prowls through the night, searching for evil to slay alongside my beloved blade, Aya-*gets smacked in the head* Ow, why did you do that, Hyde?!

Hyde: Because you were being an ass again! Can you please introduce yourself naturally and not make a scene?!

True to his word, some students were looking in their direction.