Overheating

Second Person Point of View
2090 words

The rain on the police department windows rattled the glass as it came down in heavy drops, it surely wasn't letting up anytime soon either. You thought that bringing an umbrella would be a waste of time since it wasn't raining when you left the house, but it was as if a shower turned on and it suddenly started drenching you and the clothes that were stuck on you. Walking into the police station, you immediately caught the glares of others as your shoes squished from the countless puddles that were stepped through.

In the corner of your eye Hank came into view with an amused face as water dripped off from you "You do know it's not normal to wear clothes in the shower right?" Hank chuckled as he raised the cup of coffee to his mouth "Bite me" You grumbled as you took off the heavy coat and put it on the hook beside your desk, which was horizontal from Hanks desk.

"You seem to be drenched with water Sargent (F/N) (L/N)" A voice across from Hank announced "Gee, thank you for informing me Connor" you grumble as you take your shoes off and empty the liquid contents into the small trash bin beside the desk. "It also seems that the amount of Epinephrine you produce is higher than usual, would you like me to get you a cup of coffee?" He tilted his head and you let out a sigh and smile at him "Yes please, if it isn't too much trouble."

Less than a minute later he returned with a Styrofoam cup full of steaming hot coffee. Taking it into your hand, it quickly warmed up your cool skin "Your body temperature has also seemed to have dropped, in your current state you can develop hypothermia" Connor shifted as he suddenly felt a concern for his colleague.

He felt.

Those words ran through his head as he watched the shivering person sitting in the desk chair "Well I don't have a spare set of clothes with me currently so there's not other options" you run your hands through your slightly dryer hair. Connors LED flashed yellow for a second before he spoke up again  "Yes, that seems to be a complication, but androids are usually well-prepared. I have a spare set that can be lent until yours is dry" He suggested and a small snort was heard behind you "A human wearing androids clothes, that's a spectacle" Hank grumbled as he sat down at his desk.

"This doesn't inconvenience you does it?" You ask with a worried tone and the corner of his lip curled up the ever slightest bit "Of course not, I can just bring in a new set tomorrow" He shook his head insistingly before going to fetch said clothes.

Feeling his body temperature rise, he quickly ran a diagnostic test to check if everything was in working order, which it was. There was a feeling that make it difficult for him to intake air so, he kept checking just in case.

He quickly returned with the neatly folded pile in his hands and handed it off to you "I must warn that the pants will be big on you and will make it more susceptible to get pantsed by coworkers" his eyebrows furrowed a bit to heed his warning more. Surprise hits you and you begin to laugh at his words "Your vocabulary is being filled by such strange words Connor" you give him a bright smile before heading off to the bathroom to change.

Just like he said, his pants fitted loosely around your waist so you began to roll the waist band until it hung to your hips. Piece by piece you took off the wet clothes and replaced it with a new, dry, oversized one. Finishing off the look, you decided to push one side of your hair to the other to imitate not so perfectly, Connors perfect hair.

You walk out of the bathroom and back to the desk with the most perfect stride you could manage. Connor looked up from the papers on his desk and it felt like his thirium pump was being squeezed. He saw (F/N) in his clothes, adorably trying to be neat with their attempt. This feeling has been lingering for a few months now but it only showed up when (F/N) was around. In a way, it was addictive, like he couldn't get enough of the feeling, like he had to indulge on it.