Hold Your Breath *Requested*

Second Person Point of View
Words: 1172
Requested by: Wolfbladez109
Trigger Warning: Abuse, Domestic Violence.

Connor sat at his desk going through the paperwork for a previous deviant case, him and Hank were the two of three deviant case officers. (Y-n) was looking at her phone distressed before starting to gather her things "I'm gonna leave early, I'm not feeling too good" She smiled at Connor and turned to Hank "If there's a case, go ahead and let me know before picking me up" She notified Hank and began out of the department.

Connor has been worried about (Y-n) for awhile, it seemed that she has been in a constant state of stress for awhile and when she returned to work she had a new busted lip or a bruise.

"Damn, what's with the shiner" Hank gestured to (Y-n)'s black eye and she quickly placed her hand over it "This thing? Hah I was out with some friends and one of them accidentally got my eye" she laughed awkwardly and Hank gave her a suspicious look "Be careful kid, you look like you got into a fight or something" He averted his attention back to his work.

There was a call about a deviant robbing a local gas station so Hank naturally tried to call you, he pulled out his phone and typed in your number "Hey this is (Y-n) I'm too busy to come to the phone right now so go ahead and leave your message at the beep...Beeeep...kidding... okay now!" the phone beeped and Hank hung up "Well, why tell me to call you if you're not gonna pick up, come on Connor we're gonna go pick her up" Hank signed and grabbed his suit case "Certainly Hank" Connor responded and followed him out of the police department.

After driving for a few minutes they pulled up to her house and exited the car. "Damn, what a run down place" Hank looked around the the broken down house "It seemed that it hasn't been properly taken care of for awhile" Connor looked at the condition of the yard and how long the grass was. A crash came from inside the the house and there was a scream, the two ran up to the door and knocked "(Y-n), are you in there?" Connor asked and there was yelling.

"Who the fuck did you invite you nasty whore?!" There was a male voice and crying could be heard "Detroit Police! We're coming in!" Connor yelled and kicked at the door handle, breaking the lock holding it. He looked inside the house and saw a sight that made his stomach churn, you were surrounded by broken glass from previously hung paintings on the wall there was a cut on your eyebrow that bled into your right eye. Connor furrowed his eyebrows and turned his head to the man who he saw in pictures with you before, his face was red and he had blood on his hands but quick analysis told that he had no external cuts. Hank sat there in shock, realizing that all those bruises were from the man in front of him, he was suspicious but never expected this, she was such a bright person that'd she greet you with a smile and arms open.

Connor felt over come with something he hasn't felt before, without realizing it he took a step towards the shithead "Who the fuck are you?" The guy asked and Connor swung his arm with force into the mans temple. The man fell to the ground but let out a groan before getting back up. He quickly grabbed the mans collar of his shirt and pushed him against the wall "You bastard, did you do this" Connor asked already knowing the answer "Connor please no" You cry and try to pry him away but Connor kept his attention on the thing in front of him "Give me a reason why I shouldn't make you suffer like she had to" Connor pushed shook him and pressed him against the wall again.

The guy was clearly shaken up and was unable to speak "Connor stop!" You pleaded and he paused for a second before letting him go "Stay there" Connor demanded before turning around to you "Are you okay?" He asked and you paused. Connor could obviously see all the external damage he caused but he knew that emotionally and mentally she was broken.

"I-I'm fine" you touch your eyebrow and look at your hand to see the crimson blood, Connor began to take off his jacket and pressed it against your eyebrow "Its okay, you don't have to pretend anymore" he smiled and you played that sentence over again.

You choked on the cries that collected themselves in your throat, you had to be strong, you had to smile, you had to...had to..
You sniffled and and began to wipe your eyes with your sleeves, trying to get the tears stop but they kept coming out, you let a whimper and Connor pressed his forehead against yours.

"You're strong (Y-n), you always have been, I apologized that we didnt know sooner" Connor talked in his usual soothing voice and you let out a cry, then another. You cried for all the times that you were thrown, for all the times that your pride was torn, for all the times you've lied.

"Hank, take the guy into custody" Connor mumbled and Hank took the handcuffs from his belt and gestured for the guy to turn around and he complied "You have the right to remain silent, whatever you say can and will be used against you in the court of law" Hank started the phrases you knew all too well as he cuffed your now ex's wrist.

"I'm s-sorry" You hiccup and Connor raised his hand to wipe your eyelid "There's nothing to be sorry for, but that gash on your eyebrow is probably going to need a few stitches" Connor lifted his jacket off it and took a few seconds to analyse it. You began to stand but a wave of dizziness washed over you and you collapsed back to the ground "Let me assist you" Connor insisted and slid his arms under your legs and back before picking you up.

You let out a small gasp and wince from the pain coming from your back "We'll have the doctor do a full check up on you" Connor implied and you shake your head "That's too much" You manage as he sets you in the passengers seat of your own car "Its the least I can do" Connor smiled before closing the door. You stare out the window and watch as Hank pushes your ex into the back of his car, watching as he pushes the years of pain away.
Connor was in some sense a hero, sweeping you away off your feet to a better place, your heart jumped as he entered the car with you.