Chapter -1-beginning & disinterest

Today's classes are kinda boring... I kept glancing every now and then at the clock mounted on the wall just twenty minutes more and am done with school today.....

"Miss Charlotte?".... --I snapped back to reality facing Mr Putin, funny name...

"Uhm yes?".....

"I would like if you don't daydream in my class"...............----my cheeks was already getting hotter by the second .... I nod hiding my face behind my history book, I could still hear few snickers and whispers.... No-one really like me in this school except my best friend Anastasia Griffith..

I clutched the necklace my mum gave me this morning before running off to God knows where with my grandma, I love my little family a lot....but they tends to keep lots of secrets from me like the location of my biological father for example.....

I don't even know his name just that we have same blue eyes, pale skin and lips plus red hair although my mum says it's ginger not red.... My eyes scanned the room the whole total students in this school is fifty-five, yep not much each teacher has approximately seven students in a class...

Every since I was born, I was diagnosed with low hemoglobin counts.... To the pregnant women it's normal but mine happen to be associated with diseases causing my body to have too few red blood cells due to the fact that the red blood cells are destroyed faster than they can be produced.....

Thus I also experience blood loss, according to the doctor I have sickle cell anemia, hemolysis, porphyria, even aplastic anemia because of that I hardly associate with people because am always weak,having decreased in energy, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, palpitations (feeling of the heart racing or irregular beating) plus looking pale...

Due to the illness I take lots and lots of drugs like anti - retroviral drugs... I was home schooled till I turn fifteen, after begging my mum and grandma Floyd they both agreed to let me attend lectures like a normal kid except I got to have bodyguards 24/7 ...

My mum picked this private school without lots of students but I don't really care as long as I got to school... I tried looking for my little pink jotter inside my bag when I caught sight of my drugs.... I always made sure to take my drugs ever since The last accident where I skipped it, wanting to see what will happen...

My bones cracked, it felt like it wanted to burst out of my skin, my gums hurt like hell... There was blood coming out of my eyes, ears, nose and mouth, believe me it wasn't a pleasant sight..... I made sure to packed extras to school even though we don't really stay that long... I was afraid of repeating that mistake...

Although my school was not filled with kids we still had the popular and the unpopular... From the jocks, cheerleaders, bully, the school slut to the nerds.... I was categorized under the nerds obviously and since I was socially awkward I had only one friend.... Anastasia..... Anastasia has been my best friend since kindergarten and probably since birth...

She knows also about my illness,Ana was a foot taller than me with her ash(mousy)brown coloured hair and her ice blue eyes she looks beautiful... She never goes anywhere without her glasses nor her gigantic book, her natural fair skin tone makes her look like someone out of a magazine....

One thing I disliked about her is that it's always hard to gain her attention sometimes, like today after school I went to our favourite place on the roof top with my bodyguard trailing behind to find her already there and reading...

I went up to her greeting cheerfully, she nod in acknowledgment... After some few minutes with me trying to occasionally stir up a conversation she just shrugs and nod the whole time....

        "You know most of the time I feel like I'm invisible, no body ever look at me or talks to me"...

"Oh? "....

       "Ah.... Of course I don't mean you, Anastasia, I'm always grateful that you let me hang out with you whenever I need someone to talk to".....  "But you know, my classmates don't really..... You understand?"

      She didn't answer, just turned the next page of the book she had propped open on her lap....

     Eh? She didn't hear me maybe, uhm... Guess I need to learn how to speak louder, but it's so quiet up here on the roof, it's just us, I really thought...... Or maybe she's trying to focus on her book and I'm just distracting her....

     As I fretted, she just blew her gum up into a large pink bubble before letting it burst with a pop.....

             "Yeah, I get you"....

      She was listening, Ana is 18, just a year older than me... But come to think of it...

       "Ana, you don't talk to your classmates much either, huh? I've never seen you with them"...

    She turned another page.... ----"nope!"

     I waited for her to continue talking but she didn't ,it was the last day of school, we would both be going back home for thanks giving soon ,the breeze felt cool on my cheeks, which was still warn from..... Well...

     "You know for the first time today, I felt like I was seen by somebody"...

                           "Oh? ".....

       "And no not just anybody either, how do I put it, do you know Ashley Smith ?"

           "Eh, hard not to know him"...

"Yes right,I mean he's like the most popular boy in school isn't he?..... Sorry don't answer that, that was a stupid question"..

       "Don't apologize, what happened with him?"

      "Well..... Uh...... Um..... I -i ...i think, I think I might have just become friends with him, like..... Like..... Just here!"...

I whipped out my phone, the large glowing screen showed.... Ashley's Name with his contact number under it...

       Her expression didn't change a bit but her eyes shifted a little to fix on my face, her hands stopped in the middle of turning a page, for a moment, we stared at each other in silence....

    "Good for you"... ----she finished turning the page and her gaze locked back onto the tightly packed foreign words, she was always reading strange books in strange language that I never could understand ...

      Even though we had grown up in the same neighborhood as childhood friends, and managed to get into the same high school ,it felt like we were living in an entirely different world sometimes....

     "You're not going to ask me how I got the phone number of the hottest and cutest boy in school? This is Ashley you know? The Golden haired prince charming that the whole school is in love with!"

    "Are you in love with him, then?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
............................................................................

Hey my lovelies 😘😘

I miss you all..... You know we all have that one friend in the group who it's always hard in order to get their attention 😕

Well sorry if u find this chapter short or long, promised it gets better..... ☺

Remember.... Your votes,
Comments,
And shares count a lot to move this story forward, you can still check out my other books.... Forever yours

And the cursed prince...

See ya... 💋💋