Chapter 7-Transformation

"Oh oh oh, great idea!"

"Huh?"

     "But plastic surgery are expensive, wait!!"

"What?"

   "I just got the worst idea"....

"Really?"

    "I'm the worst, I'm literally the worst... But.... But, this is the only way"....

    ''Just spit it out before my headache gets worst"....

    "You're lucky you're cute"... ------by the time I'd finished, Zane looked like he was having the worst headache of his life.... The bag of jerky lay untouched by his side..."Is this really necessary? Disguising yourself as an entirely different woman to seduce Ashley?"

"There's no way he'll Like me, so the answer is to take "me" out of the equation ,and now that I have magic.... I can finally do it"... Zane just sighed, rubbing at his eyes with one hand "Are you..... really sure about this? You won't be dating him as yourself even if you succeed.....are you really okay that? "

"Of course I am,I just want to be with him... That's all, that's the only hope for a  girl like me.... You're pitying me...... Hahaha you think am pathetic, right? I can tell."

      "I don't pity you."   His voice was surprisingly soft, his cat ears flattened down...... "I guess even humans need to hide themselves sometimes, huh?...but I don't think changing yourself for someone makes the person worth it, if he doesn't love you at your worst then he doesn't deserve you at your best."

Wordlessly, he held out a strip of jerky to me and I took it...... For a few minutes there was nothing but the sound of thoughtful chewing.

   "I-i'm not hiding you know.... It's like ........you're not really hiding when you're in your cat form ,are you? It's still me ,yeah I'm changing my form depending on what I need to accomplish ,like re-rolling a character in a play."

"Yes ,yes,I get it."

"So.......we're doing this."

"Correction..... You're doing this,I'm just here to laugh at you when you fail."

"H-hey!."........despite everything, Zane did help me out with my magical makeover, he transformed into Ashley so I could practice talking with him, and he was there for me too, when I finally geared up the courage to wait for Ashley after school.....

    "Agh,I see his limo driving! Quick, Zane ,hide.!!"  The black cat besides me rolled his eyes, we were both already hidden behind some trees, I'd even thrown a cloaking spell on him for good measure.

    But he retreated deeper into the shadows, until all I could see of him were his chartreuse eyes, the black limousine parked right outside the school gates, as usual from my hiding place behind the trees.

  I could see the Butler get out and lean against the side, he was a tall, broad shouldered man who looked about forty,

His hair were entirely white, he looked like he would break me limb from limbs if I tried anything funny with Ashley.

    That was his job as his personal bodyguard and servant, after all.... The Smith's family was scarily rich before they died leaving everything to Ashley to be able to hire a badasses like that... "All right,Charlotte, focus .....you can do this."

The spell was a piece of cake, I hate the way I looked and more than anything else, I wanted to be the kind of woman that Ashley would fall in love with, I took a deep breath, letting the potent cocktail of emotions boiled up inside of me.