Chapter 3-unexpected calls & reality

"Your knight in shining armour"....

    "He's not m-mine... Oh come on ,Ana!"

"Ok ok....i believe you...... Soooo..... Are you going to call him back?"

"I.... I.... Want to... I really really want to but every time I get to his number, my hands goes weak"...

   "OK... Give your phone to me, I'll call him for you"......

"What! No way!"....

    "Then call him yourself"...

I could tell she was going to pounce on me if I didn't do something soon..

    "Ugh.... Fine I'll call him"...

"Right now!"

    "Ok ok fine..... Dialing".... ---but just as I was about to pull up his number, my phone rang... My aunt lil was calling.... Odd she never does....

      "Charlotte?"

From her voice you could tell she was crying.....

   "Yes? Ah.... Aunt whats-

"Hey... Honey..... I'm sorry but I really have to tell you, your....... Your grandma and mum..... They.... They.....

    "What happened to them?"

"They were in a car accident, honey, they didn't survived"...

   "Oh.. God.. No no no no no it can't be"... Black dots clouded my vision as I fainted...
.
.
.
.
.
.
In the middle of my first semester, in high school, my grandma Floyd and mum both passed away.... I've been looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with the whole family and friends......

      The car ride back was silent, apart from my aunt lil sobbing in the front seat from time to time, Luke, her husband put on a blank face....

    Ana rode in the backseat with me... Unlike me, she doesn't live with her parents, so she always relied on us for rides home, whenever she sensed my mood darkening ,she would reached over and hold my hands...

    It turns out that I was supposed to live with my aunt lil but I refused, I choose to stay at my family house with my aunt checking up on me from time to time,Ana of course,was at my side during the funeral as well, I don't no how I would have made it through without her...

                             "Hey!"

                  "Mmm?"

   She kept on drawing lazy circles on my back, it was calming...

    "Wanna sleep at my place tonight?".... ----I didn't want to be alone...

                          "Of course"...

   As we got ready for bed, Ana kept humming a strange folksy tune under her breath, it was calming and I drifted off to sleep far quicker than I thought I would ......

     I dreamt... I was a little girl again, having my birthday party with my mum and grandma in our garden...

                "Mum.... Mum! Mu---