Chapter 02 | tavi

She Lives With Hurricane Eyes And He Fell In Love With The Way The Waves Collapsed Onto Her Cheeks.

| - |

The Southside of Chicago is infamous for the streets.

Dealers and Gang Members alike were spread across them, either of their own accord or for me and my brothers.

Everyone knew that this area is ruled by two gangs and two gangs only.

The Kings.

And our biggest rivals, The Black Diamonds.

The Black Diamonds are led by 8 people and 1 close associate yet not full fledged member. Some of them were blood related, others not. That's what made The King's so well respected.

Bonds of blood were more profound than bonds of friendship, despite what anyone else may claim.

The leader of The Diamonds is Bodhi Morgan. Ruthless, stubborn and short-tempered, Bodhi is Royal's biggest competition and his worst enemy.

Next in line is Alexander Rossi, most commonly known as 'Alec'. The arrogant and stupid fighter with a tendency to get hurt very quickly. I abhorred the filho da puta with every bone in my body.

Rochelle Quinn had joined the gang later on into our rivalry. Jayden took a dislike to her instantly, as did Brett. Royal nicknamed her 'O Perigo' and my ex girlfriend continues to live up to her reputation.

Ivan Rossi takes the role as Alec's gay little brother with a dark streak. Liam picked up on it by being his usual callous self, and often earned himself a few beatings during the organised street fights.

Reagan Morgan is known for being charming and cold. Since our very first fight, gang against gang, his main target has always been Cole. That was his mistake.

Jesse Eaton, Ivan's little cadela. His similarities to Brett made him one of Royal's most hated enemies, and Brett has never been good with rivals.

The definition of sexy in the Southside is defined by Lana Brooks. Cute, Manipulative and Relentless, Lana Brooks makes Charlotte's blood boil.

I've always had a soft spot for Skylar Rossi, the child who only followed in his older brother's footsteps. He and Eli may fight like cat and dog, but they both understood what it was like to be at the bottom of the hierarchy with no choice in any decision.

All of our names evoked raw fear amongst the criminals of the city. Yet my family was notorious for our work. They were just fighters; We ran this part of town.

Royal, my older brother, is our Leader. He fought day and night to uphold our reputation, as he has been doing so his entire life. I am his Second-in-Command, but while he's in jail, I'm in charge.

But it appears that leadership isn't suited for me.

My older brother warned me about bringing others into this life, pushing this life onto another. My heart had never followed what was best for my family, and Octavia Fitzgerald was the perfect representation of that.

A girl from the West Side, completely protected from all rumours of me. She wasn't with me out of fear or protection, but rather affection and love.

I'd been with her for 11 months, and she still hadn't met my family or had any awareness of the gang.

I know I should tell her, but looking into her eyes only made me want to be good. I don't want her to be disappointed that her boyfriend is a no good criminal, I don't want her to be scared of me.