Chapter 14 | raven

Different Eyes See Different Things.

| - |   

"Has anyone found anything that could tell us where they are?" I start bluntly, not leaving any room for introductions or courtesies.

"Do you think we'd still be here if we had?" Alec deadpanned, talking to me as though I was stupid.

I'll show him the fucki-.

Rochelle spoke up before I could respond, her voice tense in warning. "Alec."

Liam's eyes rolled, "We don't need you to fight for us, Rocky. We can fight our own battles without some little puta getting involved."

Rochelle looked like she was about to flip her shit. She stood up, fists clenching. "Fuck this, we'll get Bodhi back on our own."

"We have to work together." I say sternly, noticing how the fire in Rochelle's eyes sparking further at Liam's words.

We're playing a dangerous game.

"No." Alec spoke up for her, standing across the room in a stupid bid to prove his separation from us. "How can you expect any of us to work together?"

Jay bit his lip, looking at me for reassurance. "I agree Kill, we need to get Brett back."

He paused, facing Rochelle. Her eyes hardened as he stared at her, her finger skimmed unconsciously along the long and harsh scar on her wrist.

"Look, I know you hate me but we need to work together on this one. It's our brothers who are at risk." He tried to explain, but I could sense the hesitation in his voice.

Rochelle scoffed, "Upset with you? It's more than being upset with you, Jayden. I let you off at the school because all I cared about was getting Sky, don't mistake my mercy for weakness or care because I promise you, I don't give a shit. I can't work with any of you when all I hear are these little sly comments, and neither can my family. We can't trust you, and your words just make me want to put a blade inside you. I know I can control myself, but how do I know you won't try to kill any of us?"

"We're not going to kill or hurt you!" Jayden forced out, throwing his hands out unconsciously as he tried to prove how genuine he was actually being.

"You stabbed me! All of you kidnapped me. You held me in a room for days and beat me unless I gave you information! I thought I was going to die!!" She countered angrily. Her fists clenched in warning and I knew she was trying to control herself.

"I stabbed you once, and I knew you wouldn't die."

"I was 12." Her voice lowered, and Jayden flinched back at the softness in her tone. "I was 12 years old when you sliced my wrist open. I was 12 years old when I tried to run away from my foster father and landed in your hands. I was 12 years old when you literally had to sew up my wrist to stop the blood loss. Don't tell me that you won't kill or hurt me because you already have!"

I look at the ground, biting my lip at her words.

Too often I forget that we tortured this girl.

Jayden kept her gaze, honesty leaked into his tone. It was almost rare for him to sound like that. "I will not hurt you. I want Brett back, you want Bodhi back. That's all I care about."

"Whether we like it or not, they're our best shot." Reagan swallowed, speaking quietly. He moved his eyes up to meet Alec's and Rochelle's. "I know we hate them, but I need to get Bodhi back."

Reagan's expression made me question my own. He wasn't able to cope with his brother's disappearance.

We may have a similar occupation but Reagan was tougher than I was, a fact I would never willingly admit aloud. He went through hell in that damned Foster Home, watching his brother and adoptive siblings battered and bruised every single day. He was mentally stronger than me, and both our brothers were gone, so why can I take it when Reagan can't?