Chapter 06 | swear

I Want A Trouble-Maker For A Lover. Blood Spiller, Blood Drinker, A Heart Of Flame, Who Quarrels With The Sky, And Fights With Fate. Who Burns Like Fire On The Rushing

Sea.

| - |

Punch. Punch. Punch.

My fists ache as they meet the boxing bag, the skin tightening on my knuckles.

Punch. Kick. Punch.

Sweat dripped down my forehead, my heart racing in my chest. My fists attack the bag with no mercy.

Punch. Punch. Punch.

I need to stop punishing myself.

Punch. Punch. Punch.

Just one more hit. Just one more time.

Punch.

I'm so fucking tired.

Nightmares haunted my dreams all night, my skin crawled with everlasting demons that failed to flee when the morning sun hit.

Maybe it's because my brother is being fucking tortured somewhere I don't know. Or maybe it's because Rochelle was right about Tavi.

I need to tell her everything.

~

I straighten out out my suit coat, ensuring that my tie is done correctly.

"Aw look at him, getting all dressed up for some Westie." Cole coos, squeezing my cheek.

I push him away, scowling. "Fuck off, irmão."

"I guess Brett was right, you have gone soft." Liam hums, "I guess the right woman can change a devil."

"Excuse me?" I hear my sister storm in, her tone narrowed and clipped. "Women are not rehabilitation centres for damaged men! It isn't the Westie's duty to fix or change him."

"Alright alright." Liam rolls his eyes, "I swear everything offends all you feminists these days."

If we were in a cartoon, steam would be coming out of Charlotte's ears. I speak before she has the chance to, "She's right, Liam. It isn't Tavi's job to look after me. I've got to do that myself."

"You stopped craving it the moment you met her."

I wish.

"Don't speak about things you don't know anything about." I reply calmly, "Not even Octavia could soothe that part of me."

Liam studies me, "You really going to tell her?"

I nod my head, as I didn't trust my voice in regards to hiding the anxiety the entire situation was causing.

"Don't forget that the only people we can depend on is each other. If she leaves, let her."

"Ooh 10 points for giving decent advice, Li. Very well done." I roll my eyes this time.

Cole slaps the back of his head, "Idiot."

Liam turns on him, shoving him away. Cole raises his fist but Charlotte dives in front of him, clipping Liam's ear.

"Don't fucking touch him."

"He hit me first!"

"You was being a dick." Lottie says simply, pushing Liam away from her.