Chapter 03 | taken

She Was Fire Enough To Light The Way And Burn Anything Attempting To Stop Her

| - |

"Where is he?" I storm through my front door, slamming it shut behind me. 

My siblings are spread across the living room, each wearing their own expression. Charlotte's jaw was clenched shut, and I knew it was in a bid to stop herself from crying.

Fuck.

A single piece of paper is on the ground between them, so I pick it up and scan my eyes over the words.

Ring-a-round the Rosie

A pocket full of poses

Ashes! Ashes!

The Kings fall down.

"I'm going to kill them." My fingernails dig into my palm, and the sudden desire to make my fists bleed hits me suddenly. I take a deep breathe, attempting to calm the wild storm beginning to form within my stomach.

"Do y'think it's The Diamonds?" Liam seethes through clenched teeth.

I pause, considering it for a second.

"This isn't them." I kiss my teeth, shaking my head. "Rochelle hates Brett, but she wouldn't let them do this."

"Then who?" Cole asks the million dollar question, vocalising all of our thoughts.

"I don't know." I reply quietly.

We sit in silence, reflecting on anything suspicious that we might have seen.

"Killian?" A small voice speaks up, so I look at my sister silently. "I'm really proud of you, Kill. I know what Brett said to you, but he was pissed and he wasn't thinking. We're all proud of how far you've come."

I wish I could say the same.

"Don't worry about it." I grunt, biting my inner lip so they wouldn't see how much his words were eating up at me.

'You stopped being a motherfucking King the moment you fucked the enemy.'

If Brett dies, his last memory of me will be that pathetic argument and me leaving. Running away from my responsibilities just like I always have.

If Brett dies, he's going to die thinking of me as a traitor.

How am I supposed to live with that?

So I turn to the one thing in my life that has never let me down.

"Who wants Grilled Cheese?" I ask, standing up and making my way to the kitchen.