Chapter 7: Oh Hell No!

"You're 6 whole months pregnant Amalia!" Russ said and I looked at him like he was joking but his case was super serious.

"Let me see!" I said grabbing the tests from his hand. And they all said I was pregnant and it was 6 months.

"No!" Was all I remember myself saying and then I passed out.

What felt like seconds later, I woke up to a bright light in my eyes. And I looked around to see Russ sleeping in a chair, a drip in my arm and I was in the hospital.

"Russell." I called out for the sleeping beauty and he woke up.

"Damn it was about time!" He said walking up to me and brushing my hair with his fingers.

The doctor soon walked in with tons of medication in a transparent container. "Ah. Mrs Vitale, you're finally up." He said.

I wanted to correct him but Russ pinched my hand as a signal of DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. And I kept quiet.

"Well, you are very lucky that you didn't harm your child by falling with your tummy. Be more careful next time when you pass out okay." He said slightly laughing.

"Okay so these are your medications, you need to take them 3 times a day. And all of them. And since you didn't receive any prenatal care for the past 6 months you have to come every week for check ups okay." He said and all I could do was nod because I was still surprised that I was pregnant.

"You have nothing to worry about now. Your baby is perfectly healthy. But you have to make yourself super healthy and make sure you stick to a healthy diet. Mr Vitale, I know you'll make sure of that." The doctor said looking at Russ.

"Yes I will sir." He said with a smile.

"Well Mrs & Mr Vitale, that's all you need to know. I'll send in the discharge papers. And you'll be able to leave." The doctor said then he walked out of the room.

"Mrs Vitale? Really? I'll never marry you." I said to Russ while getting up off the bed.

"We'll see about that sunshine. Your clothes are in the bathroom, go change and I'll fill in the discharge forms." Russ said and I walked into the bathroom.

I stripped myself naked of the hospital robe and I just stood there looking at my now very visible bump that I didn't notice all this time. I also noticed that I gained quite a bit of weight.

"How am I gonna tell mom!" I said putting my head into my palms.

"You won't." Russel said walking into the bathroom rubbing my belly and looking at my naked self in the mirror.

"So you're telling me I should keep this from her?" I asked him turning around so I was facing him.

"Yes. Unless you want to get both of us in trouble." He said kissing my forehead. And I thought about it for a second. It was a good idea, but I wondered for how long we'd be able to keep it.

I moved away from Russell and got dressed.

Minutes later we were back at the house. "Damn I'm hungry!" I said plopping myself on the couch.

"What do you want to eat?" Russ asked me.

"EVERYTHING!" I said laughing because I literally wanted to eat everything.

"Hahahaha. No seriously. I'm making you a ham sandwich." He said walking into the kitchen and coming back 10 minutes later with a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of orange juice and handed it to me.

I ate all that food in less than 5 minutes and I instantly fell asleep o the couch while Russ was telling me something about the baby.