Chapter 1 -- Heads Up!

Update of the Introduction

The story is finished and edited with a few updates to the storyline in chapters 1 – 9. In writing this story, I started with the facts in Chapter 4 and 6 and the rest of the story just folded around them.

If you are reading this update, please know that I have corrected all the typos and omissions that I found. I have had trouble with my particular copy of Word and noticed that several earlier attempts at 'save' did not work so I closed the document periodically this time to accomplish a 'hard save'.

While CBS created and owns the rights to NCIS New Orleans and the characters, they hire(ed) professionals to write the scripts. I find it difficult to believe that any of them have fallen in love with the characters as have the show's fans and several dozen amateur writers that I have seen on various websites. I doubt that they have lived the life of a service member or law enforcement officer or personally known those who have.

As I read some of the stories out in the public domain, I am just amazed at the level of 'skin' that the writers put on to the characters and I have chosen just two of these. One site has 306 stories just on NCIS New Orleans with a few hundred more on the other two NCIS shows. I say, keep 'em coming. I know I am not the only one who loves them as I see the many comments of the other readers.

And once again I ask us all to reach out to those men and women in uniform who lay their life on the line every day in uniform around the world or on the streets of America. They deserve our support and understanding when the requirements become too much and the effects of PTSD not only enters their life but that of their family members and other loved ones.