II • Like Mother Like Daughter

|enjoy the NEW chapter 2 and I hope you guys like it!|

Gasping awake, I jolted up into a sitting position as if life had returned to my body all at once. There was a man guarding the door with runes tracing his body. I looked around the room, noticing I was on a cot in what must be an infirmary. This was an Institute- but which once?

The space I currently sat in was a huge room with an arched wooden ceiling with murals. Cots, just like mine, lay all around the room with white sheets and pillows. The wall next to me seemed to be transparent, showing a different part of the entire building but I couldn't see what part.

The walls were a dark color, the window had dark green curtains draping from the ceiling to the floor.

All in all, it had an old-timey gothic cathedral aesthetic to it.

At that moment,  I realized I didn't have the same clothes on that I did when I was found, in fact, I had no clothes on; except a black sports bra and matching spandex boyshorts underwear that just looked like shorts.

Suddenly, another man entered the room along with the man who guarded the door. I hadn't even noticed he left.

The new guy looked familiar and I stared as he made his way over to me. His hair was a deep black, his eyes were staring into my soul. But, once he got closer and closer, my eyes widened and I tried sliding back away. He stopped with his hands up in surrender. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you," Seeing I wasn't convinced, he continued, "My name is Alec Lightwood, you're in the New York Institute. I just have a few questions to ask you, if that's okay?"

Remembering what had happened before I was tossed out like trash. 

All my mother's journals are gone forever because Valentine burned them because I got caught with them. It's my fault. 

Tears sprung to my eyes and I placed my head in my hands. "It's all my fault," I stated, tears falling down my cheeks. 

"What is?" The man asked me. I looked up at him, knowing my face was red. 

"My mother's journals! He burned them and now they're gone!" My voice was raised as I let out a sob. There was no more pain in my body, and I assumed it was from them healing me. 

He looked more confused than ever and deciding I could trust him, I continued, "My name is Bianca Herondale. When I was three years old Valentine Morgenstern kidnapped me from my home the same day my mother killed herself." When I was kidnapped, I was obviously too young to remember, but I have had some visions of my parents. And, some of the Circle members remember my parents and had told me what happened. 

He took a step back, "What? Why would he leave you to die?" This man obviously knew who Valentine was, so I wasn't sure why he was asking me that question. 

I scrunched my eyebrows together and stared up at him, wiping my cheeks dry once I stopped tearing up. "Because he's Valentine. Because apparently, according to him, reading my mothers journals was enough to rid me to hell. But, honestly, I wish he would've come to that conclusion long ago, it would've been better than everything else he has done to me." 

The raven-haired man's eyes widened in shock at my words before looking through the glass window and down at some people, I'm assuming. 

"I have to be somewhere, but, you're going to stay in here until I get back, a guard will be assigned to you. You should get some rest." I nodded.