IX • Major Arcana

Now that Magnus knew my secret, it was hard to focus on anything this morning. I was back to sparring by myself after changing into the right clothes for it.

I needed more practice considering I didn't get to do anything while I was with Valentine; training wasn't exactly what he had in mind with my life. I hated only ever being able to think about if I were to get kidnapped again, but until he was gone I wasn't safe anywhere. At least, I don't feel like I am.

Being abused from the age of 3 up until a few days ago is hard and it's rough and painful and there was this darkness inside of me that I just couldn't seem to get rid of.

I separated my feet almost shoulder-width apart, left further up than the right since I was right handed. Both hands were close to my face, in the right position that Alec had shown me yesterday.

I looked at the punching bag, staring at it as if it were Valentine himself when I threw my first punch towards it. It was thrown bag a little, but not much, and I threw another hit.

Right punch.

I mean, what kind of monster would kill a pregnant woman and her unborn baby...

Left punch.

And then kidnap her 3-year-old child only to torture and beat her all the time...

Right punch.

Because he thinks she has these abilities that she doesn't want him to know about...

Left kick.

I continued the sequence I was already doing while trying to keep my mind off of Valentine. Keep my mind off of everything.

More kicks and punches landed their way onto the bag before I was finally out of breath and leaned on it, stopping the damage onto the punching bag.

"What did that punching bag ever do to you?" I jumped from the voice and turned to find the face it belonged to.

"Izzy," I smiled. "What's up?" I asked her.

She was smiling back at me. "Your form is great, I'm assuming it's what Alec showed you yesterday." I nodded, taking deep breaths to try and control my heart rate, and she continued, "Get ready, we're leaving in 10. We have to meet Jace and Clary at the police station." She left the room and I quickly made my way to my room to change into more suitable attire.

Grabbing a black leather wrap top that Izzy had given me and some high-waisted black jeans, I was ready to go after throwing on matching heeled knee-high boots. I had on a necklace, bracelet, and ring from Isabelle as well and ran out of the room, finding Alec and Izzy by the weapons station. I had grabbed my knives on the way out of my room so I didn't really need anything else besides a seraph blade just in case.

We left the Insitute soon after and headed all the way to the police precinct, finally waiting outside for Clary and Jace. "Don't leave either of our sights, B, okay? You're still training and even with you getting good, you don't have much field training; which is why we're bringing you along." Isabelle was one of the nicest people I had ever met; she was fierce and strong with a sensitive side as well. I had noticed her dressing differently- this time her hair was in a ponytail and she looked like a businesswoman. But, even if she looked amazing, there was something that screamed Maryse Lightwood.

I smiled at her, "Thanks, Izzy. I promise I will do my best to stick with one of you. Thanks for bringing me along, it means a lot."

She glanced at her brother who stood there with a stoic look, a smirk dancing across her face before looking back at the Herondale girl. "It was Alec's idea." I looked at the oldest Lightwood sibling but he kept his eyes placed upon the double doors of the precinct as they began to open and reveal the love birds.