•one•

Dove Taylor strolls through the library, pausing every so often to pull a book out of its place, contemplating its contents. Appearing discontent, she continues letting them go back into their original places.

Her mind is neat, tidy. Her only thought is to find a book that a) she hasn't read and b) is actually appealing to her. Hearing voices through the shelves, the teenager pauses, momentarily distracted from her quest.

"Harry, you must study! Do you want to pass your O.W.L's?"

A grin rises on Dove's face. That voice could only be one person: Hermione Granger. The two girls had been distant friends ever since they'd met each other at the library on the first day of classes.

They'd both been seeking something inside of the library's depths. For Hermione, it was knowledge. For Dove, it was creativity. The two both had high marks. Dove's marks weren't necessarily as stunning as Hermione's, but they made her parents and herself proud.

Dove was all about learning the things she most wanted to learn, not necessarily seeping in all of the knowledge the world had to hold. She didn't feel fulfilled by getting the highest marks. She just wanted to feed her curious mind with as much literature as possible.

"Yes, Hermione, I do!" Harry Potter retorts swiftly. "But why does studying have to be so bloody awful?"

Dove suppresses a giggle, knowing she shouldn't interrupt them. While she may be friends with the Gryffindor girl, she was slightly afraid of Harry Potter. Of course, she knew he was genuinely a good guy with the potential to save the world and defeat Lord Voldemort once and for all, but she also understood the potential he has.

She doesn't seem to grasp the intensity and enormity of his power, and the fact that she doesn't understand it frightens her. It had always been that way. Dove Taylor has always been afraid of whatever she cannot understand.

She turns back to her task of finding a book, wandering farther away from Hermione and Harry, their conversation fading away until it's nothing. She picks up a book with a red cover, opening it. It's about the muggle society. She frowns, putting the book back. The wizarding world has always been so negatively biased about the muggle society. It irritates her to no end. Maybe one day she'll write a genuinely unbiased book about the muggle world.

That's only if Harry manages to beat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named though. With him rising back to power, he has the potential to finish what he was trying to do fifteen years ago. If he won, Dove would never be allowed to read or write anything on the muggle world. She'd be killed for thinking it. 

"Can't find anything to read?" Draco Malfoy's smooth voice cuts the air, interrupting her grim thoughts.

Dove startles, her eyebrows high on her head as she turns to face him. Her heart begins to beat quickly as it always seemed to do around the Slytherin.

"I, uh, no, actually, I can't," she stammers, looking anywhere but him.

"Would this suit your fancy?"

The brunette looks up in confusion, but it instantly clears from her face. A gasp of a breath rushes out of her mouth embarrassingly loud.

"A-a book?" She blurts out, a fierce blush rising onto her pale face.

The blond stands tall in his black robes with the green tie that could only belong to Slytherin. However, in his pale hands, is a blue book. She takes a moment to observe his handsome facial features, but she only spared a single moment, unwilling to fuel his ego with her staring. She's slightly disappointed she didn't get to discern anything in his eyes from her small glance.

Why would he find her a book? She takes a cautious step forwards, completely unaware of how to act around him, even though the pair had enjoyed the other's company many times before. That's how she'd always been: timid and reserved.