•nine•

Dove Taylor exits her bathroom, her long hair in a tight bun resting on the top of her head. She's wearing a lot of makeup, having too much free time on her hands. She's wearing a floral short-sleeve shirt and a black button-up skirt, wearing black wedges as well.

To say the least, she's bored. She doesn't even think she's going out anywhere! She plops onto her bed, sighing long and hard. Suddenly, she sits up and smiles. She should write a letter to Hannah Abbott, the Hufflepuff Prefect, and also her friend.

A few moments later, she's scrawling carefully, taking her time to make her handwriting look pretty and neat.

Hannah dearest,
It's only been about two weeks since I last saw you, but I miss you already! How are you? How is your summer going? I'm so bored! I have way too much free time. I miss Hogwarts and how easy it was to see you and talk to you. We should hang out soon!
Hugs!
Dove T.

She folds the letter up and writes down Hannah's name and address before leaving her room, skipping to the third floor of her home. She opens the first door on the left, finding her owl, Hazel, and her parents' owl, Screech.

"Hazel, take this letter to Hannah Abbott," Dove instructs her owl, who nips her finger affectionately.

She opens the window wide, letting Screech out as well to roam around freely. She sighs, propping her chin on her fist as she leans on the window.

"You look bored," someone comments from behind her.

Dove jumps, turning around in shock. Her face changes to one of happiness as she takes in her boyfriend.

"Draco!" She squeals, skipping forwards and kissing him passionately.

He easily takes control of the kiss, slipping his tongue into her mouth with no difficulty. He scoots them back a step, shutting the door with his foot. He then spins them around, causing a gasp to slip out of her mouth. He pushes her against the door, one hand next to her head, keeping her there, the other hand on her waist tightly. One of Dove's arms are around Draco's neck, clinging to him, while her other hand is wound up in his hair, stroking it gently.

A slight knock comes to the door, making them break the kiss but not break away. Dove fights to calm herself down.

"Yes?" She calls.

"Draco, your mother wants to say goodbye," David Taylor says in amusement, knowing exactly what the two were up too.

"Goodbye?" Dove questions, looking at Draco in worry. "What's going on? Is everything alright?"

"Calm down, love," Draco soothes her, putting his hands on her hips. "I'll explain when we're done telling my mother goodbye."

Dove, not comforted by that in the slightest, follows her boyfriend downstairs, frowning. Her mind is spinning, trying to piece facts together. It doesn't work.

She's greeted with Narcissa's teary face when she enters her living room. Her eyes widen, and she looks at her parents for guidance. However, Draco is the one to finally explain.

"I'm moving in with you," he says in a rush, giving her a close-lipped, nervous smile. Dove takes a moment to process this, furrowing her eyebrows. "Mother doesn't want You-Know-Who to induct me into the Death Eaters, so your parents are letting me stay here until it's safe."

"What about your father?" Dove asks innocently, worrying for Draco's safety. "I wouldn't imagine him letting you."

Narcissa raises her eye brows at her son, tears momentarily stopped. So, he hasn't told her about his father being arrested?