•3•

Chapter 2
Just Cheesy Feelings

The last hour in school happened to be PT which was unfortunate for me because I was least interested in frolicking around in the school grounds. But the deal was a deal.Last class, Sanya stayed back to give me company, I would have to unleash my inner sportswoman now. I gave a grim poker nod to my companion who gave me specific advice on how to position my racket.

"I can't anymore, it's exhausting!" I gasped much later and my friend quirked up a brow. "You're joking."

"No, how do people play this sport, it's sucking off all our energy." I panted, whipping out my water bottle. "I don't know how Sania Mirza--" I shook my head pitifully.

"She's a tennis player. Not badminton."

"Oh, that's different?" I asked. "But the rackets look the same."

Sanya rolled her eyes. "Anyways, I'm going to return this to the sports room and meet Gangu.I'll be back."

'Gangu' Gangadhar was our Sanskrit teacher who had the style and charisma of Rajnikanth, with his floppy hair and his dazzling smile when he'd debut into school in the mornings in his wobbling Scooty that attempted to balance his weight without tumbling off.

"Why the hell?" I asked.

"I don't know, I think he's going to give me the assignments or something."

I nodded. It should be that. When teachers called me to the staff room, it was usually not good news, but my friend had a mind of a goblin and a smile of a cherub and nobody glanced at her twice.

I watched her walk away and plopped myself down on the cement platform where my other classmates had left their school bags. I whipped out my diary and chewed at my pen. Now, where was I...

She knew she was running out of time. She held her breath and went through the files until a particular name caught her eye.

She picked it up and inspected it. On closer scrutiny, it was whom she had always been looking for. The business tycoon had all the informants to his beck and call.
With a flick of her fingers, she dismissed her subordinates.

"Sujatha, look up his criminal records now."

"I'm on it."

"You can't simply go through our archives like that." The manager grumbled at the backdrop.

" Sorry?" Her head tilted and her eyes sparkled dangerously. "The public is in danger and all you seem to care about is your precious data. If you have any objection, do drop by at the station on your way home."

The manager was wise enough not to retort.

"I believe this is what you might be looking for." Sujatha held out a paper before her.

She clasped her hands around the file as her eyes devoured line by line.

"Something is not quite adding up." She mused, flipping through the pages.
She straightened her spine and drummed her fingers on the table.