°12°

I enjoyed my time of solitude.
There are days when I feel I need to detox my mind from all the forced social communication.

I don't like to talk unless I'm particularly perky, but that is considered rude so I have to push some words from my mouth to please certain acquaintances and even reciprocate kind enquiries.

I appraised my surroundings while I could feel the combination of unavoidably murky slush below a scattered carpet of grass under my neon sneakers.

We were in Horsley Hills and I woke up earlier than I'd like to because I was too cold for my peace of mind and the morning weather was a good time to take a walk.
I steered up the path, my hands deep in my pockets.

Once Kabir and I got the dreaded exam results, taking a nice holiday seemed to be the next course of action.

Of course, my mere 7.4 CGPA (twinning with Sanya) wasn't any reason enough to celebrate but Kabir aced it as usual. I don't quite remember but his percentage was floating close to distinction.

I don't know whether I should have been amused or jealous. We participated in the same activities and wasted measurably the same amount of time. He even had cricket coaching to top it off. Yet, when I muttered my marks to him, he congratulated me and dismissed it in the next sentence only to talk about the chaat shop that opened the next street and when we could visit it.

His indifference towards some things in life which others may consider vital was only refreshing somehow...

I dug my hands into my sweater and inched closer to the higher ground, humming quietly.

The resort we were staying in retained most of the greenery and the stone path winded up the fence which was partially unnoticeable because of the early morning mist enraptured it in all its fantastical glory.

I think my thoughts drifted somewhere into the fluffy mist, weaving a little imaginary web in my mind while admiring the lush greenery that flanked me on both sides.

I spent another five minutes looking over the abandoned road over the fence when I noticed two shady men ogling at me while taking noisy sips from a paper cup.
I gave them a withering look and retraced my steps back.

Mrs D'Souza and my mother were setting plates on the verandah on a circular table.

I brushed my teeth so I could go and demand my complimentary breakfast.

"Where are you coming from?" My mother asked, dusting her hands. I noticed a dosa and some egg rolls on her plate.

I gestured behind me. "Nothing.Just looking around simply."

"What is there to look around?" She asked, her eyebrows knitting together. My mother, the social butterfly-wasn't one to find simple joy in walking up a slope.

"Now all of you are late. The food will get over before you children go to eat," She chided.

"Go, call the others also and come on down fast. We need to keep going if we have to see places." Mrs D'Souza spoke before plunging the spoon into her mouth.

I took the elevator to my floor.
Saloni was fidgeting with the doorknob while Siya looked up at me, her eyes lined with metallic blue kajal, matching her robe like Kurti.

"Breakfast..." I told and my sister snorted.

"We are ready. Call those douches in the next room." She said, fastening her hair clutch.

I wanted to knock but the door was ajar.
David was brushing his hair and whistling. He noticed me and stopped mid-air.

With a wide grin, he began combing again, "What are you here for?"