°10°

I completely forgot I had Music class on my schedule because I was so preoccupied with the movie at Sanya's.
I almost nodded off after I got home and quickly took a shower and changed into comfortable jeans and a T-shirt.

Shouldering my guitar bag, I rushed to class, ignoring my mother's offer of dropping me off.

I stopped running when I caught sight of a lone figure partially hidden away by the cluster of trees.

"Kabir?" I whispered.

The leaves rustled as the figure moved and bowed his head down and offered a little wave over a branch that partially hid his features.
He sported a striped T-shirt paired with a mustard suede jacket.

David.

"Oh, hi. Nobody's come?" I asked awkwardly, pushing a stray hair behind my ear.

"No. The door is locked. I guess we're unusually early." He pulled his sleeve up and checked his watch.

I balanced my guitar against the wall.

"So you thought I was Kabir."
He said with a slow smile and I wondered what the context of that statement was.

"I mean, you looked like him from back there when I was walking," I replied.

I didn't need a response but he continued anyway: "How's it between you both?"

"Normal. How should it be?" I almost snapped though mentally felt a little nervous.

How much confidential information did this fellow have?

"Kabir tells me everything," David declared like a proud father and I gave a slight shrug of my head and let my gaze wander to the vegetation in the porch garden.

He had a sense of style, judging by his shoes. I found his tangerine sneakers more interesting than his mode of conversation at present.

"Master was talking about some changes in our performance." He spoke.

I broke away from my train of thought and stared blankly at David.
"Oh."

"He also wants one of our vocals."

I thought back to the time David was hollering some rock song during class and I had to plug my ears with a headset because he was, unfortunately, next to me. I don't particularly remember Ajay's voice because he never speaks, let alone sing.

And that left three of us.

My hands were already trembling in dread and I groaned internally.

David was observing my reaction so I schooled my features. "I see," I replied with a shrug and he chuckled.

"Don't pretend that it doesn't matter to you! You just paled out for a moment."

I didn't. But even if I did, you couldn't see it under my tan!

"Don't worry. It won't be that bad. Just six of us. Not the regular students and all."

I shot a dirty look behind his back. He was pacifying me?
Most of David's and my interaction were mostly tangent to an argument because he was always poking his nose in my affairs and now he was being nice?

What changed now that he knew I liked his friend?

I couldn't adapt to this new development!

He turned back and smiled at me again like we were childhood buddies and I offered an obviously fake one in return.

He turned away and I could hear his chortle.

A few annoying moments later, our master was walking patiently towards us with the keys in his hand.