•5•

Chapter 3
Lassi&Chai

I couldn't help but meditate on the thought that the scrutiny of numerical values has caused a major impact on the human race.

Distinguished personalities such as me however often take pride in the ability to solve additional operation of single-digit numbers with the
use of pen and paper.

In simple words, I flunked today's math test.

So I ambled down the street in a depressed state and bought a bar of chocolate solely for medical purposes of course, and was on my way when a rough voice struck my eardrums.

I am one to mind only my business so I was going to continue my current one of ambling home when a familiar voice replied the latter.

I turned around and zeroed into the source of the sound. Under the canopy of a banyan tree, there were two distinct shadows. It was Siya having a hot argument with a well built man.

On close scrutiny, I could make out his large frame from those window talks to the boys' hostel.

He was tall and intimidating with the the low cut tank shirt reveling doubly scary muscles and pectorals.

My sister looked absolutely harmless even with the anger displayed on her face but him?
Well!

How could she view him with a romantic interest?

I, on the other hand, would view him as an asset to abduct a few unpleasant teachers from my school to Hawaii.

I stood in the same stance with the eatery in my hand unsure of my reaction until his hand flew up, dangerously close to my sister.

"Stop!"I cried, holding up the hand with the bar of chocolate and he turned to me with the same pissed-off expression. He'd just supported his arm on the branch of a tree.

No physical harm. No physical harm. Calm down.

I gulped my fear smoothly down with the remnants of chocolate and went up to them.

Siya gasped spotting me.

"Just what is happening? " I chose to ask her since I had no business with the roadside Romeo.

"I'm your elder sister. I have no need to answer you!"She hissed in a stage whisper at my side.

"Who's this wuss?"He sneered behind me.

"Don't talk about my sister like that!" She snapped, therefore uncovering my secret identity.

I tried not to flinch at his beady gaze.
However, I chose to ignore the comment and tugged at my sister's hand to leave.

She ignored me and the argument continued as if I wasn't even present.

I gazed at the duo in silent contemplation before deciding that I should probably leave them to sort out issues by themselves.

Siya was elder to me and therefore probably a little more sensible too.

I think.

My feet, however, were glued parallel to my sister.

Siya's shrill answers were no way going to surmount over his brash voice and flow into his eardrums.

The increasing pitch of his voice was attracting undue attention.

Siya seemed to notice others' eyes glued at their supposed private conversation because she held my hand and pulled me back towards her. I stumbled and still managed to stay upright.