°6°

"Excuse me?"

Kabir who was admiring the nature from the balcony- or rather pretending to admire the view, slowly turned his head to me.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? You just said-you said..."

"Say it. It's no bad word."

"It is for me!I'm doing my 10th-grade mister!"

He looked straight into my eyes. "Not now obviously. Maybe someday no? That is if you're still interested in me."

Still interested?

"You think there's a possibility of me losing interest in you? I should say the same for you."

You're the attractive and smart one, buddy.

I didn't say that out aloud.

Liking each other for many years and resulting in a marital relationship. Very logical thought but somehow that did not occur to me.

"You didn't think of that I see." Kabir smiled, still looking out of the balcony. "And your sister has already entrusted me with the post of her brother-in-law. Should have asked you first." His Adam's apple bobbed once.

I noticed fascinated.

"Did that upset you?" I asked after a beat.

"Oh, I don't even know why." Kabir chuckled.

"Well, we have a long way to go. College, higher education, job and all you know..." I rambled weakly without much relevance because I needed to say something because the atmosphere was filled with this annoying mystery of our destiny in the future.

Kabir glanced at me and chuckled. "You look terrified!" He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "I didn't mean to embarrass you..."

I plastered a smile on my face and nodded in understanding and he turned back to the view outside.

Our conversation turned out to be a little shorter with abrupt sentences after this issue was broached. And I suddenly wished that my sister was there too. Chappals would have been flying at us for the mention of marriage.

I could imagine her response.

"Two of you idiots are still struggling with high school subjects and you half tickets are discussing starting a family. Wah wah. First, Kabir let's learn Trigonometry and get you to pass +2."

A little chuckle crossed my lips.

A few weeks later I realized that I couldn't meet Kabir as often as I pleased. His parents who were usually travelling were suddenly spending a lot of time at home and I doubt if they would appreciate our terrace meetings as much as we wanted them to.

And anyway he had his school certification exams and I had mine.

Not like I would sit and study anyway but still.

Instead, I pulled out a Dead Pirates novel from my bag which I borrowed from Sanya and fluffed my pillow. Dead Pirates was a very pop culture thing to be interested in.Everyone in class apparently wanted their hands on the third book. Most of the cricket team boys, I believed.

But, others,well... 

No thrill of action or nail biting suspense. Just blood, gore and exotic women from foreign lands. I read a few more chapters just for the sake of it.

Lame. 

I would watch it later on if it is fortunate enough to get adapted into a movie. I tossed it aside dismissively.