Unknown

Unknown: Oh god I find it so cute how you think closing the blinds will cover you up. Nothing can stop me from seeing you ;)

I could feel myself hyperventilating. That text sent shivers down my back and I could feel the cold sweat run down my neck and throughout my body. It felt cold and heavy in my chest. I rubbed my now clammy hands onto my shorts and counted to ten, trying to calm myself. I've had panic attacks before, nothing like this, all the other times I knew everything was okay, but now I knew nothing and the unknown scared me.

Me:  i dont know who you are but you need to stop before i call the cops

Unknown: What could they do? They wouldn't suspect me, and remember what I said before?  Nothing can stop me from seeing you.

My hands wouldn't stop moving around, my body wouldn't stop shaking. I was freaking out, I always hated the feeling, the feeling of being watched, even if it was all being triggered by a person who could possibly be pranking me. But this no longer felt like a prank or even a sick joke. I didn't know what to do, my phone didn't have a card, I used the wifi to do stuff, exactly how was I supposed to call the cops if I was mute? 

Honestly, another reason why I hate being alone, I can't do anything for myself. But I was not going to let myself ruin my mom's night. She deserved a night to herself... huh, I guess wrong night. I still haven't even learned how to do things and handle things like this, like seriously how was I supposed to deal with situations like this? How am I supposed to call the cops?

I left my phone on my desk and turned on the lights in my room, feeling unnerved by the darkness. I wished my mom would just get home already, why did she have to pick tonight to go on her date. I took in a deep breath and sat down on my chair at my desk. Turning on the desktop computer and went straight to youtube, watching a few funny videos to calm me.

After a while of nothing but funny and cute dog videos, my nerves had calmed down and I had forgotten about the texts from the stranger. Looking up at the window in front of my desk I could see it was raining outside from the small puddle by the lamp post by our driveway. We had a long way leading from our house to the dirt road, we didn't live far from the highway, and it took only a few minutes to get there. As I kept staring out into space I focused my eyes, confused as to what I was now seeing. ... There was somethin- no... there was someone by the light.