Chapter 2 - Receiving The Best Letter Ever

I stared at Aunt Petunia.

"Aunt Petunia-"

"No! You can't have it! I-it's just - addressed wrongly." She said.

"ADDRESSED wrongly? ADDRESSED wrongly?! How can it be? It's got our exact address on it, where my bedroom is, and my name!" I exclaimed. "What are you trying to keep from me?" I asked shrewdly, studying Aunt Petunia.

"Nothing dear, nothing. Now, let's see. Yes, there are no decent girl's schools anywhere nearby, so your uncle and I decided to send you to St Marigold's." She said fondly, trying to change the subject. It worked.

"WHAT?!" Dudley, Harry and I yelled in unison.

"She can't go there - she's the best cousin ever, it would be so boring without her-"

"She's my twin! My TWIN! You can't just send her away from me-"

"I'm not going to an all-girl's stupid boarding school, that's ridiculous, I WON'T go-"

"Enough, children!" Uncle Vernon shouted. We all fell silent.

"She's going. It's for her own good. It's luxurious, and it will offer her a great education. It will ensure her a place in Cambridge!"

"But ... I don't want to be separated from my friends, my cousin and - and my twin. My BROTHER!" I insisted. "I want to have fun, it won't be any fun if you send me to an all-girl's school, some girls are catty if there's no boys around!"

"You're going and that's that! Just be grateful we aren't sending you to Stonewall, like him!" Aunt Petunia said.

"Yeah, what's with that? Why do you hate on Harry so much?" I demanded.

"None of your business." Uncle Vernon said.

"You ARE going." Aunt Petunia said softly.

I stood up, then walked out.

---

What could be in that letter that could get them so worked up? I'd been wondering that all night. I couldn't sleep. It was half one in the morning, and I was lying spread-eagled on my bed in my normal clothes.

I wouldn't go! I'd- I'd find a way out of this - even if I had to take Harry and run away! It'd suck, having to leave Big D behind, but if we took him, his parents would be sure to look desperately for us. One, I wasn't that mean to his parents, and two, if we needed to run, he probably would not get too far, no offence to him.

But if it was just me and Harry ... they'd be glad to get rid of him. It would be the perfect excuse to get him out of the house once and for all, yes, they'd have to do it at a cost, (not looking for me) but they probably hates Harry enough to leave us alone.

Yes, I'd do that. I'd try to persuade them otherwise, though. No point leaving if I could stay! I was staying with Harry, whether they liked it or not!

---

The next morning, I told my plan to Harry, who nodded grimly and was happy enough to proceed. He hated the Dursley's. He was happy about it.

I didn't tell Dudley. He'd probably try to follow us.

Another two letters came through the letter box. Uncle Vernon ripped them up and threw them in the fire, with Harry and me watching.

Then, when I'd found the pair of them in the same room together, Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, and I shouted and screamed the house down about St Marigold's. It ended with me storming out, them adamant about their side of the argument, and packing my bags. I packed a small bag for Harry when I sneaked down to his cupboard, and it was kinda sad to see that my twin brother had only a few possessions.